𝟏𝟖. 𝐓𝐚𝐠

A/N:
Thank you so much for 4K reads! I appreciate each and every one of you <3

CHIARA:

I open my eyes to find myself placed on the sofa. I tried to sit up but got interrupted by the pounding in my head.

"Shit" I whisper

Whatever that motherfucker put in my drink must have been strong, I only took one sip and this is how I'm feeling. Although, in all honesty it was more of a gulp. I'm just glad I spotted his disgusting antics before I drunk anymore.

Lorenzo comes in with a relieved face- what, did he think I was dead or something?

"You're awake"

"Yep."

"How's your head now Chiara?"

"Still hurts like a bitch" I reply whilst pulling myself up into a sitting position.

"I would offer you another pain killer but you have already taken two, minimun of four hours in between" He says with regret.

"It's ok, I'll just have some more of this." I say whilst chugging at the glass of water on the coffee table beside me.

"What the hell happened to your face?!" I say nearly choking on my water. I could tell he was trying to hide his cheek but I caught a glimpse of the purple bruise underneath his hand.

"Nothing you need to worry about Chiara." He replies with a faint smile and then I realise it must have been Leandro.

"Oh my god I am so sorry this is all my fault." I say quietly "I should have never lied to you, I should be the one getting the blame not you I swear I'm gonna kill him." I say, placing my glass down on the table.

"It's not your fault your drink got spiked, but you shouldn't have lied to me yes. However I am partly at fault for not double checking things with Leandro so I guess I deserved it."

I let out a sigh, I feel guilty as hell but I guess he is kind of right- as soon as I said Leandro knows he started the car and drove off.

"Where is he anyway?" I vaguely remember him telling me something before I left the club with Lorenzo, but it was along the lines of "Lorenzo is taking you home." and not much else.

"He had to-

"I had to have a nice little chat with your bartender Alex." Leandro interrupts from the hall as he walks into the living room. His fresh white shirt is splattered with blood and I make an internal prayer that it's not his, though I have no real doubt it is. His sleeves have been rolled almost all the way and his hair looks a mess.

He gives Lorenzo a "Leave" look before making his way over to where I'm sat. He's standing over me, causing his tall body to completely block the light and surround me in darkness. I feel my chest become heavier as he gets closer and closer. I fucked up badly tonight, I could have gotten myself raped or even worse -killed. I shut my eyes and await whatever punishment I'll be about to endure for my stupid decision.

My cheek twitches as I feel him lean in closer, waiting for the sting of a slap or the shock of a punch, until he gently pulls my head closer to him and places a kiss on the crown of my head. I immediately let out a sigh of relief, living with someone who used to be abusive has clearly traumatised me more than I realised.