𝟐𝟐. 𝐀 𝐰𝐞𝐞𝐤𝐧𝐝 𝐫𝐢𝐝𝐞

A/N: you are in for a treat.
Play song when instructed, ( If you want to of course)

Leandro:

I may have just murdered a dozen men and had a bullet plucked out of my stomach but I've never felt happier than I am now, laying here with the woman I love. I breathe in her fresh smell of daisies and roses, if I close my eyes I'd be convinced I'm standing in a meadow.

Her soft hair brushes against my face as she buries her head into my shoulder, I focus on the way her chest rises up and down against mine like two hearts, connected.

We lay in a peaceful silence until Lorenzo slowly enters with a smile. I give him a thumbs up and he walks over to ruffle my hair, something he's done to me since I was a child.

"Good lad." He says once he's finally finished messing up my precious locks. I give him a sarcastic eye roll which he returns.

"Thanks for bringing her." I say whilst looking down at the the girl now fast asleep in my arms, not that I blame her though, it's been a rough couple of days even for me.

"I had no choice. Stubborn one she is." He says with a chuckle, but I already know. "I'll go tell the doctor you're awake." He finishes before disappearing back out the double doors, arriving back again with the doctor and another younger nurse.

They both look at me in disbelief and concern.

"What?" I spit out in a low voice making sure not to wake Chiara.

"Sir you've just had an open surgery on that side." He points to the left side of my body where Chiara lays and I realise what he's trying to say.

"Tough. She's not moving. When can I go home?" I ask impatiently, I've always hated hospitals. The smell, the atmosphere, the feeling and the sick patients scattered everywhere. I hate it all.

"Possibly tomorrow depending on how your wound heals." Doctor Rob says whilst skimming through a piece of paper on a clip board. I sigh in dissatisfaction, I was hoping they'd let me go today.

"Ok. If there's nothing else you need to do with me then you can leave now." I say whilst motioning to the door, Lorenzo let's out a silent laugh but I catch it, I try not to start too before they leave.

I send Lorenzo to go get us some food since I refuse to eat the hospitals shit and I know she hasn't ate anything all day either. Whilst he's gone she wakes up and goes to the bathroom to freshen up.

By the time she's finished, Lorenzo is back and I manage to convince Chiara to eat something: I expected there to be no fuss since I got her favourite meal from McDonald's but no. In the end I had to bribe her by saying if she didn't eat then I wouldn't either.

That got her moving and I could see her visibly enjoy every bite of her burger, sometimes you don't realise how hungry you actually are until you eat.

They both stay with me long after the sun sets. I tell them about who shot me and what happened to Enzo, Chiara's eyes lit up when she heard he was shot in the calf and is currently being held hostage in our basement until we're both ready to give him the painful death he deserves. You would never guess the things she's capable of behind that angelic smile and that's why I love her.