𝟑𝟏. 𝐓𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐬 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐭𝐚𝐭𝐭𝐨𝐨𝐬

A/N: Over 200K reads, I love you all so much help
LEANDRO:

I woke up to the sound of continuous tapping coming from the roof. I mentally groan knowing it's probably just some stupid fucking bird but now that I'm awake I know I won't be able to fall asleep. I turn to face Chiara who's sleeping like a log, one hand rests underneath her cheek while the other still remains in mine.

I gently pull her on top of me until both of her arms and legs wrap around my body like a little child. She ducks her head into the space between my shoulder and neck, all with her eyes still closed as she gets herself nice and comfortable. I shut mine as I inhale her intoxicating scent, even if all of my senses shut down apart from my smell, I'd always be able to know which ones her.

The fresh smell of flowers mixed with a slight undertone of white musk and vanilla from her hair, it's what you'd imagine heaven to smell like I tell you. If I could get her scent inked to my skin, believe me I would.

I hug her tighter, thinking about how different my life now is because of her. Thinking back to Leandro from just one year ago, the one that didn't believe he'd ever find someone good enough to marry for the sake of it, yet alone find someone that would become the owner of my heart.

Because that's exactly what Chiara is.

It's scary how much someone can mean to you, it's fucking petrifying knowing that if anything ever happened to her, knowing that the day she'll leave this world she'll take every smidgen of hope with her. Every light cell, every smile and most importantly every piece of me too. Because the day Chiara leaves this world is the day I won't want to be in it anymore.

My mother always brought me up to be faithful and believe in god, over the years I questioned my beliefs in whether there truly was a God up there but Chiaras proved to me that there must be. So as I hold her against my chest I'll send up a thank you to God, for sending me a source of light in this fucked up life I'll always be stuck with.

Chiaras heavy breathing against my chest pulls me back to reality, she's still right here and I'll make sure she always will be.

I close my eyes against her body, soaking in the way she makes me feel. Chiaras always told me how safe I make her feel, but I don't think I've ever told her that she has the exact effect on me too. It's like every worry I have disappears whenever she wraps those little arms around my waist.

Suddenly I feel her chest rise up and down a lot faster than before, her face contorts into an unhappy expression and she begins mumbling something but it's inaudible.

"Shh it's ok amore I'm right here." I whisper whilst stroking her hair but it makes no difference. Her mumbles become louder and I hear my name a significant amount of times.

"Leandro" she cries but I know that she's not actually calling me, she's still in her dream.

The fuck am I doing to make her cry?

All of a sudden she begins hitting my chest and that's when I know I really need to get her out of this nightmare. I slowly sit up, pushing her up along with me whilst speaking louder.

She opens her eyes with a gasp and my heart breaks at the sight of her watery brown eyes. Her eyes search around the room chaotically before they land on me, she grabs my face inspecting every inch of my skin until she lands on the faded hickey that is finally saying it's goodbye.