apat

++ 04: decent hello from a
non decent neighbor

touching his lips by the tip of his fingers, he shut his eyes forcefully like how he tried to shut every detail of her lips on his, he chuckled and laid his back on the headboard of his bed.

groaning, he held his phone as it vibrated. he looked at the screen and saw his girlfriend calling. "hey baby" his girlfriend said.

"hey, what's up?"

"i miss you"

"i miss you too, i've been really busy lately my mom has been nagging me a lot." lie.

"how about we catch up tonight, baby?" her girlfriend flirted.

"sure, i'll come over in a bit."

"i'll be waiting." his girlfriend giggled.

call ended.

he was confused. all he could ever think of was her from the first day he laid his eyes on her, he can't shrug off the fact that she felt like a missing piece of him, like he knew every detail and every freckle on her face even long ago.

walking out of the house, he saw her across the street wearing her usual smug face and earphones stuck into her ears. she turned to his direction, he smiled sheepishly as he waved and all her reaction was an almost 360 degrees eye roll. she turned away and continued to walk. "whatever, hello"

"hey was that a decent hello from my front door neighbor?" he screamed loudly to her.

plucking one earphone out, "what?" she said, annoyed.

"i said, was that even a decent hello?"

"maybe your girlfriend is decent, ask a hello from her!" she replied slamming the door shut.

he shook his head with a smile, he put on his helmet and drove off with is motorbike. they have been front door neighbors for god knows when. they just dont get to see each other often, or pretended to not see each other. everytime her dad would invite him in, her place felt so warm to him and he totally couldn't get any hint of why.

"dad wants you and your parents to come over for dinner." she said with a gum in her mouth, chewing it loudly.

"my parents are dead" he said as he closed his locker.

"i meant your aunt and uncle, they're considered your parents, they treat you like a son, silly."

"yeah sure, we'll be there."

"bye and ps, this conversation right here is nothing, we're not friends and don't talk to me"

"harsh"

evening came, they all sat for dinner at her place, smiles stapled on everyone's faces except for hers. her home felt familiar to him and almost felt like a second home even if he never stepped foot to this place until now.

"it has been a long time since our last dinner here, how have you been?" her dad asked him

confused, "what do you mean? it's actually my first time here." he replied with a smile.

everyone felt awkward after that and he never really knew why.

•••
{{a/n}}
italicized parts are flashbacks