labing-apat

++ 14 : lover boy

               "i'm glad we became best friends." her best friend said out of the blue.they were sitted on the corner of the cafeteria in the middle of an unhealthy lunch break, a regular day, a regular chaos, people were loud and creating a mess.

               "why are you telling me that suddenly?" she asked, raising an eyebrow. she took the biggest bite she can on her burger. "are you dying?" she added while her mouth was full of food.

               "no, idiot." they laughed. "whatever." her best friend said, rolling her eyes.

               "so how was it going with you and the dude at the party?" she asked.

               "oh him? your lover boy's best friend?" her bestfriend shot back at her, wiggling her eyebrows.

               "he is not my lover boy!"

               "who said that i'm not your lover boy?" a manly voice said, him, as he sat beside her with a food tray. "oh, by the way, your lover isn't at school today." he winked at her best friend.

               "he's not and will never be my lover." her best friend said with a bang on the cafeteria table where they were.

               "why are you here?" she asked him, groaning.

               "i don't know. i can't tolerate the people in my usual table."

               "we don't care, go fucking away."

               "baby, why?" he pouted. "we were so okay the other day."

               "well, that does not mean that we will be okay and that you won't stop being a dick." she rolled her eyes.

               "what's with girls and their eyerolls?" he asked, opening a can of soda.

               "can you just fuck off?" she said, irritated, or should i say, faked to be irritated. she just couldn't let her guard down considereing the fact that she had been comfortable with him the past days and she just couldn't, shouldn't let him remember anything about her, about how they used to be.

"but i don't have a girlfriend anyway."

"so?" she glared, "does that mean you can sit with me? no."

"no one has ever turned me down like that." he said with another pout.

oh god, he looks so fucking cute. "then i will be the first one to do so. go. fucking. away."

"no." he deadpanned.

"if you won't, then i will." she said as she stood up and sprinted outside.

he stood up immediately and followed her, as they were outside with the grey sky above them, he held her arm to stop her.

"let go of me." she said, it was evident from her voice that she was crying. she just couldn't miss him more.

he turned her around, "why are you crying?"

"why would you care?" she asked, yanking her arm from his grasp, "just go back to how things were used to be, you hate me, i hate you, just like that, end of the story."

"but why?" he asked, he was concerned. "please make me understand why you hate me so much."

"because it just has to be like that." with that she ran, leaving him as the rain poured, syncing with the tears pouring from her eyes. he stood there, with a heavy heart, noticing something, he looked down; it was a wallet too familiar to recognize. he picked it up then opened it, only to see an old picture of him and her.