pito

++ 07 : chicken
(drumsticks) and beer

               "hey dad." she greeted, throwing her bag aside as she sat on the sofa.

               turning on the television, she flickered his thumbs on the remote. "hey sweetheart, what do you want for dinner?" his dad asked flopping on the sofa in front of her with a bottle of beer in hand.

               "i'm not really hungry."

              "how about we order chicken and beer?" his dad suggested.

               "really?" her mood lightened up. she loved her dad so dearly because he was understanding even at times in which she wasn't in a good state. ever since her mom left them for someone else, he never really gave up on his life and abandoned his daughter. her dad knew something was wrong, he knew her daughter all too well, maybe so much more that she knew herself.

"i'd love to eat a whole bucket of chicken." she with a wide smile plastered on her face.

her dad chuckled, "you said you aren't hungry so..."

               "i was just kidding, dad! pleeease!"

               her dad smiled as he called to order. she then fished her phone out of her pocket as a notification popped.

               5:03 pm / unknown number: hi

               "whatever." she muttered as she  stood up and ignored the text from an unknown number. she never really bothered replying back to unknown numbers popping up in her inbox,
she thinks it's a total waste of time or maybe she just never really cared because she knew that all those unknown texts would never be coming from him. she walked upstairs to her room as she changed into her comfy shorts and an old disgusting shirt. tying her hair into the messiest bun ever imagined, her phone vibrated again.

               5:29 / unknown number : hi ???

               again, she didn't reply. she peeked through her window showing her frontdoor neighbor's window, directly in front of hers, across the narrow street, his. the lights were still off and she knew for a fact that he was with her girlfriend, or that's what she thought he was. she ran downstairs as the doorbell rang.

               "dad, the delivery is here, i'll go get it." she said loudly.

               opening the delivery, to her dismay, it wasn't the delivery man holding chicken and beer. but to her surprise, it was him. she rolled her eyes signaling her to fuck off. on a second before her slamming the door shut, he kept it open, holding the front door open with one hand, and the other hand on her waist.

              "feisty, i like it." he smirked.

               pushing off his hands on her waist, she spoke, "what now, jerk?"

               "easy there, sweetcheeks, just here to give you this." he said then handed black drumsticks to her.

"don't call me that." she took the drumsticks from him and saw her name written on it, it was his handwriting. her face started to heat up, the corners on her lips suddenly curved into a smile but her, being her, she went back to her usual smug.

               "heard you broke your drumsticks." he said running his hand to the back of his head with a shy smile showing his pearly whites making her fall more deeply in love.

               so cute, she thought and that would be the last thing she will ever admit.