labinglima

++ 15 : nightmares and
dirty little secrets

"i won't be able to handle our friendship anymore." a girl said, turning away from him.

              he ran, when he was far from her sight, tears were blurring his vision, all he could hear was a crash.

he woke up with a jolt. his heart was beating as fast as his breath. he sat up and laid his forehead on his palms when his head started to pound. all he could hear was static, he breathed deeply trying to calm his self down. he breathed slowly this time, the headache was fading off; he thought, what was that dream about? he was confused, the dream felt so real, too real. it wasn't the same kind of nightmare he gets every night caused by the trauma he got from the accident but it felt like a piece of his memory, but he thought that, that couldn't be possible, he believed that it was just a hit and run with no background story. who is she? the girl in his sleep was too blurry to recognize. he groaned as he reached for his phone from the bedside table.

    6:07 am

he closed his eyes shut, once more. he had so many questions swirling around his chaotic mind. the old picture of him and her suddenly shot into his thoughts again, it was like a never ending rotation of the earth, this stuffed into his brain over and over again. he tried so hard to think when and how the picture of him and her was taken but every time he tries to remember, his head bursts into aching. the more he thinks about it, the more it doesn't make any sense. he laid his back on the headboard, could the girl in my dream possibly be her? he thought but for him, it just too impossible. everything frustrated him, that moment he was just confused and his heart was beating too fast, faster than when he sees her walking through the hallway with her skateboard in hand. it terrified him, how such memory, the picture, was something he can't even remember and how such girl could appear in his dream. he stood up from bed and went downstairs, he saw his uncle seeming like a 90's movie, a newspaper held with both hands and a cup of black coffee sitting just beside him on the coffee table.

he threw himself on the couch, "morning, dad."

"oh, goodmorning, kid. it's surprising how early you woke up." his uncle said taking a sip from his coffee.

his uncle became his father after the tragic memory of what happened to his parents, a bullet shot through a brain and wheels not being able to go to the right direction due to the impact causing a horrid crash and he witnessed it all. but nethertheless, his uncle and aunt was there for him, as if he was their real son.

"do you need to go back to your therapist?"

"no. i think i'm fine. i just really had a lot of thoughts." he replied. his insomnia gave him a hard time he had nightmare disorder each time he gets to sleep caused by the death of his parents and his accident. he was trying to recover, to cope up and he thought he was already doing well.

"you want to tell me about it?" his uncle asked, placing the newspaper down.

he let out a sigh, "you know our front door neighbor's daughter, right?"

"what about her?"

"have we met before?"

"what do you mean, son?" his uncle suddenly had an nervous reaction, his face perked up as he sat straight.

"when we were in middle school."

"why did you suddenly ask? we have been neighbor's with them ever since god knows when." his uncle chuckled awkwardly.

"it's just weird that i don't remember." he stated, running his hands through his unwashed hair, "i just can't recall." he stood up leaving his uncle with a nervous heartbeat; and little does his uncle knew that he noticed that somehow, something was missing, was hidden from him like a dirty little secret.