dalawampu't tatlo

++ 21 : ex girlfriend
issues

he walked through the overpopulated halls of their school, his eyes were red, bags under them were dark, heavy and weary. he couldn't count the sighs he let out in the past couple of hours. he leaned on his lockers as he crossed his arms. it has been almost a week since sleep and him weren't friends. he refused to take his pills, even refused to go back to see his therapist that must've longed for his presence already.

"hey." his ex girlfriend said as she walked towards him.

"what's up?" he replied, not wanting to sound rude if he snapped the word 'what' in his ex girlfriend's face.

"nothing much. so, what are you up to lately?"

"nothing." he said shortly, running his fingers through his unwashed hair, it was already sticking up to every angle you could ever imagine but for his ex-girlfriend, he was still an epitome of a man sculpted by the gods.

"are you okay?" his ex girlfriend nagged, on her tiptoes, placing the back of her hand on his forehead to check his temperature, her action of concern was returned by him swatting her hands away which has caused her to flinch.

"yes." he breathed, straightening up. "i'm okay. so if you'll excuse me, i have matters to do." he continued, excusing himself, still trying not to sound so rude but to the looks of it, his actions were a result of his tiredness, it was uncontrollable, his whole body felt like a sweaty, out of breath body joining a marathon, except that marathon was endless.

as he was about to walk away, his arm was grabbed, held by his ex girlfriend who looked worried, too worried for his liking.

"wait"

"what now?"

"you don't look okay." his ex girlfriend said with the softest voice, still not letting go of his arm. "you look like you haven't slept for a decade."

"i said i'm okay, understand? don't be worried, you don't have to be."

"why don't you consider taking sleeping pills again?" she replied ignoring what he has said earlier.

"and then what?" he asked, shrugging her hand from his arms "it's always gonna come back, you know so damn fucking well."

"i'm just trying to help."

"just stop trying then." his voice was cold as ice, expression as hard as stone, "i'm sorry." he continued. her ex girlfriend just nodded and tried to understand him, knowing that getting no sleep at all could cause his thoughts, words and actions to go in complete utter chaos. she just let the topic go, turned around and sprinted away. she felt her insides churn, but not in a fluttery way when you get butterflies in your stomach, instead, it was the complete opposite. as her heels made annoying sounds on the solid pavement, without looking, she felt herself bump into someone.

"watch where the fuck you're going." his ex-girlfriend said. looking up, she saw her bestfriend.

"sorry but are you talking to yourself?"

"whatever."