dalawampu

++ 20: reese's peanut
butter cup

               "fuck." she muttered as she opened her eyes, seeing the blank white ceiling above her. waking up in the morning never felt like an impulse reaction for her, it was more like being forced against her own will like a baby being forced to eat some porridge, even waking up on a weekend bothered her, she wanted to sleep more.

               a loud knock interrupted her from falling back to slumber again. "hey, kid? you awake?" she heard her dad say behind the door.

               "no."

               "as much as i want to not wake you up, someone's waiting for you downstairs."

               "who?"

               "him."

               she immediately stood up, went to the bathroom and fixed herself. brushing her blonde locks with an untidy hairbrush, one stroke, two stokes, and so on, she stopped and what's she's impulsively doing hit her like a big yellow school bus, but the thought of being run over was better than the realizations that hit her. why was i in a rush? she thought to herself. nostalgia hit her body like a drug, effecting her, waiting for her to lose her sanity, which she already lacked in the first place.

continuing to brush her hair, she grabbed a hoodie from the middle of a folded pile of clothing she forgot to put in the cabinet last week, which caused the tower of clothing to fall down and create a mess, "fuck." she muttered under her breath, she left it scattered on the floor and went down the stairs sloppily. she had both of her hands inside the holes in front of her hoodie. she sighed as she saw the back of his head, he was sitting on the sofa, tilting his head back when he heard a squeak on the wooden floor as she stepped, "hey." he said.

"why are you here?" she asked as she slowly went closer.

"i just wanna hang out?"

"and what if i'd say no?" she replied, sitting on the single couch in front of him.

"i'd still ask you out?" he asked with a chuckle, running his fingers through the back of his head down to his neck. "i mean you wouldn't lose anything if you'd come with me?"

losing everything or nothing never really mattered to her but maybe she just wanted to play hard-to-get, "and— what's the catch?" maybe it was ironic how she'd trade all the stars in the sky for him yet she's pretending that she wouldn't spare a dime.

"you'd spend time with me?" his statements went out as a question and she never knew if it was cute or irritating but she enjoyed this moment, how he wasn't that jock who's confident and doesn't stutter, she never even thought at that moment, why he was being like this, i guess she just cherished it, reminiscing how they were before things changed.

"and?"

"i'll let you decide where to go if you don't like the place i picked for us?"

"and?"

"everything is on me?"

"and?"

"i'll buy you reese's?"

and that was a deal breaker. "okay." she said then stood up from the couch.

"really?" he said with amusement sparkling in his eyes, making his green pupils shine brighter, something that could make her swoon from the point she was standing on but of course, she wouldn't do that.

"yeah, give me 5 minutes to change."

"yeah, sure." smiling, it was evident how happy he was.

"how did you know my favorite chocolate anyways?"

"cmon' i saw billions of wrappers of it inside your locker." he laughed," aren't you gonna throw em' out?"

"god," she facepalmed.