I Hate My Quirk

Shizu collapsed onto her bed, she picked up a glass and threw it at the wall, staring at the glittering shards on the floor. She grunted and stuffed her head into her pillow as she heard a knock on her door.

Just before, she was in an alley with a man kissing her neck repeatedly. She tugged at his hair, "He's left prison" The girls eyes widened "Although he paid for your silence and happiness, he wants to be a part of it" she sighed and tugged the man's hair harder in anger. She threw the man to the floor, he collapsed falling unconscious and she began to button her shirt up. Her hand reached into her bag shuffling around before shoving a lollypop into her mouth, she sighed and stepped out the alleyway. "Sweet Old Dad's out"

Shizu opened the door, her gaze was harsh as she stared at the teen in the doorway, he smiled cheerfully "I've been needing to see you" he moved to step in, but she held a hand up "Why didn't you tell me he was leaving jail"

"You never asked" She leaned on her doorway her eyes focused on his lips, and that look made his cheeks flush, "You know I use you to get information from inside his gang, how could this detail slip your mind" she sighed already knowing the answer to the question. She looked up into his eyes, "If you let me kiss you, I'll tell you" She shut the door. The man sighed leaning his head on it, for this man was crazy in love with the pink haired girl, and she played him.

Days had passed since that incident, Shizu was walking to school when she stopped suddenly. She stared towards reporters that surrounded the gates, she furrowed her brows as they turned their attention towards her. All of them asking too many questions, from too many lips to read. A hand grabbed her arm, dragging her into school. "You reporters don't actually care about people around you do you" the blonde boy grumbled "She's deaf you idiots" he pushed through the crowd. When they left, he signed 'grow a backbone' suddenly her eyes widened as she began to circle the boy. 'You know sign' the boy grunted nodding his head, the girl smiled widely and clapped her hands quietly. Unknown of the friend who had just made it through the crowd, and how his chest throbbed when he watched her bonding with him.

She sat at her desk in class, turning her gaze to look at Shoji, he looked towards her, and she smiled wider as their gazes mingled "Why do you like staring at me"

"I've said many times before, it's because your handsome" the boy sighed, he used to blush at those words, but she reminds him of it so much that his blush slowly died. He smiled under his mask placing his elbow on the desk and his head in his hand, propping it up to look at the front of the class. "Shizu" A hand tapped on her desk, bringing her gaze away from the boy, she looked up at the girl tapping the desk "Support wanna talk to you" Uraraka pointed to the door and the girl waved "Oh can I have help with scribing, she talks fast and doesn't always look at me" the girl flinched slightly. Shoji was about to offer his help when suddenly, Bakugo stood up 'come on' he signed and Shizu nodded following.

Shoji watched as she watched his hands intently, a bright smile on her face. But suddenly her eyes widened, dread seemed to fill her eyes and she looked up at Mei. Mei was lifting her hair to look at her scarred ears, Shizu awkwardly stood still her gaze was on the ground. Suddenly she looked up as if sensing Shoji, her shoulders relaxed slightly, and she blinked a couple times. "I don't know if I'm ready to hear again, but I'll take the arrows" Mei nodded then pulled out a swab, Shizu opened her mouth allowing the girl to take a sample. "Don't let it touch you"

She slowly sat down at her desk again, her hand reaching up to her ears. "Can you teach me sign language" She flinched at the sudden limb in front of her face, she moved her gaze looking towards Shoji. "You'd want to learn?"

"Me too!" A green haired boy chirped; the girl was still staring at Shoji her cheeks slightly growing pink. Snapping out of it when Midoriya waved a hand in front of her face, she looked up at him "I know a bit because Bakugo's mum taught me" he began to sign some words. "What does" Shoji signed a word "Mean" Shizu had followed Midoriya's gaze and only stared back wide eyed at Shoji. Her face was growing increasingly red, she stood up suddenly 'bathroom' she signed quickly bolting up to the door.

However, when she opens the class door Mei was stood their staring at her, Shizu furrowed her brows and then stepped back realising what had happened. Mei instead wrapped her hands around her, the two fell to the ground "Mei let go" the girl did so. Her eyes widened as she realised what she had done, "Sorry when you said not to touch it, I couldn't resist" However Shizu wasn't looking at her lips. Her hair hid her expression, she slowly stood up, brushing off the dust on her. She still didn't look at anyone she just quietly limped out of the room. "You hurt her!" Iida called, quickly running towards the pink haired girl, scolding her. Shoji stood up slowly, and then moved to follow the girl. Midoriya was still stood at Shizu's desk, and a look of joy fell on his face when he watched him leave.

Shoji knew where she would be, whenever the two wanted quiet time, they'd make their way to the roof. Many students would join them but their spot no one ever entered, they hid behind the a/c cooling fans. He moved to look round his eyes widening, Shizu had her sock pulled down she was tightened her leg. Tightening her leg? Her metal leg gleamed in the sunlight, when he moved his gaze, he was met with her ruby eyes. He quickly looked away, his Dupli-arms creating a mouth to communicate for him, "I'm sorry I just wanted to make sure you're alright"

"A handsome person checking up on me?" She chuckled "I'm flattered" he turned his gaze back and she was pulling up her sock. She stopped looking up at him then patting the spot next to her, he sat next to her. They sat in silence for what felt like eternity, and even so what bliss. Suddenly he felt a weight on his shoulder, turning his gaze her head was on his shoulder. She did feel the way his shoulders tensed when she met them, but she didn't feel him ever telling her to get off or stop. "I hate my quirk" She sighed hoping the wind would whisk away her words, but he heard them, "Me too" her eyes widened after reading his lips. She quickly sat up turning to him "What?!" she shouted "No no your quirk is amazing" he flushed his cheeks, as she grabbed one of his arms. "Look you can so many cool things with your quirk" she paused as she met his eyes, sitting back down with her back against the wall "I was going to say the same about yours"

"There you are" Shoji jumped, which brought her attention to the man who had found their hiding spot. Tokoyami was standing just before them, "Aizawa said to find you guys, we're leaving for a school trip" Shizu stared worryingly at Shoji and back to Tokoyami repeatedly. "Come on" She stood up and Tokoyami grabbed his beak "Maybe me and you should get sign language lessons" he suggested, not knowing how stars would grow in Shoji's eyes.