Big Day

Morning broke, well an alarm broke the sleep of the couple. Held closely in the bed, Shoji quickly reached to turn it off, his movements stirred the girl away. She smiled and cuddled closer into his bare chest, refusing to open her eyes. He knew she was faking being asleep. He savoured it for a moment, he could forgive leaving her because last night they were in each other's arms a lot. He shook her and she groaned not wanting to open her eyes, he smiled lifting her up. She yelped finally opening her eyes "Oh, so you are awake" she pouted, Shoji put her down holding out her hearing aids. She put them in, as the pair of them began to get ready. "Big day" she chirped, and he nodded, helping her tie up her hair.

However, her day was filled with dread, as they were walking to school. She stopped in her tracks, Shoji noticed and looked at her. Her gaze was a mix of fear and anger, he moved his gaze to a red head. His face was pretty beat up, with plasters over it, covered with a mask. "Shizu" she looked up at Shoji, then her eyes filled with worry. "Oh god, oh fuck" she whispered and then looked in front of her. The man looked over and his eyes widened as he quickly ran over "No" she whined, and Shoji was quick to shield her "Shizu it's important"

"I don't think she wants to talk to you" Shoji answered in a stern voice, the man was roughly their age. Smaller than him so he didn't feel intimidated, but the look in his eyes was strange. "She needs to listen to me" he answered and then tilted around to look at her "What happened to your face" she muttered, peaking around her lover. "A kiss better would help it"

"Answer." Shoji was startled at the way her voice sounded, he looked down at her seeing a fiery gaze. He'd only seen this on rare occasions, and it always shocked him when he did. "You know who" Shizu looked around, and then up at her partner. "Let's go somewhere quieter" the man happily nodded, crossing his arms behind his head, shoji went to follow the pair. "Are you sure you want him following us?"

"Yes" Shizu answered, her worried gaze turning to him "Relationships aren't built on secrets" she muttered to herself. The man next to her whistled teasingly, looking the man next to him up and down "This was my competition" they finally entered an alleyway, and Shizu turned to look at the man. "So, what did you do to get beat up"

"It's what you did, that got me beat up" he answered leaning back on a wall "Your quirk means I lie for you, and can't stop thinking about your lips on me, remember"

"Easy" she threatened, and the man smiled, side eyeing the man next to her. He crossed his arms "Old man found out" Shizu's eyes widened, and she sighed looking down at the ground. "I miss your gaze on my lips" Suddenly she span round, about to cut him with her leg blade. Her eyes threatening, the man smiled and looked down her leg "If he knows your on my side, then why come back"

"Because I can't leave you alone" he paused gauging her reaction "Because I'm accompanying him today, to the festival" Shizu's eyes widened, and she instinctively reached for Shoji's hand. He allowed her to hold it, but he was severely confused. "That's not all" he looked down at the hand "Old man has been keeping stuff from me, since he's known for a while. But I found one thing out" Shizu looked at him to press him for more answers "It'll cost a kiss"

"No"

"Come on" he whined "You always let me kiss you" Shoji's eyes widened, and he looked at the man, as he was smirking up at him. "Just one, and I'll tell you" Shizu smiled, letting go of her lover's hand. Suddenly she grabbed the man's hair, bringing him down and kneeing his stomach. The man fell onto the floor coughing, Shizu however couldn't look Shoji in the eyes at this moment. "Leaving me without a scratch!" he ordered pulling himself up, although it didn't matter if you left him with a scratch, he was already scattered in them. "The USJ thugs, they were our thugs" Shizu's eyes widened, and she stepped away from the man "And the league is interested in your powers, as well as that blasty boy"

"Shizu, I don't want to ruin this but, we're going to be late" Shoji grabbed her shoulder, pulling her out of the blind rage she was being consumed by. "Is it a good idea to go to the festival?" the man questioned looking up at the man holding her "It is" Shizu muttered, holding her shoulders high. "He made me into a weapon for destruction, and I'm going to break his soul when he sees I'm a weapon for good" the man smiled and pulled his mask back over his face.

"I like it when your fierce, maybe I'll get a kiss next time" he explained walking past the couple "Nice to meet you"

"Can't say the same" Shoji muttered as he watched the man leave. He was making sure he left but was quickly cut out of it when a loud crash was heard behind him. Shizu was panting her leg still in the air, but the large bin was crashed into the wall on the other side of the alley way. She took a deep breath and reached for Shoji's hand. But he didn't give it to her, she looked up at him and he sighed "I know you brought me here to not hide anything from me but" he paused and then turned around "I think you left me with more questions."

"Shoji, I-!" she stopped and then scrunched her fists "I can explain, just let me get through today" she muttered, the man sighed and ushered her to follow him.

Shizu spent the majority of her time in the changing rooms sighing, and in silence, she didn't have her hearing aids in yet. She didn't want them in. Jirou sat next to her and tilted her head, "Are you worried?" she looked down at her lips and then nodded. It was the best way to hide what she was really feeling. "Don't be, you're amazing at what you do" Jirou reassured "Seriously everyone was talking about your skills at USJ for weeks" the name of the incident hurt her, the fact that it was her fault. She looked down at her hero costume, that's all it was a costume. "I need some air" she muttered as she stood up and left. Taking her hearing aids, she stared down at them in her hand.

She looked out of the tunnel at the crowd that was surrounding them, and she swallowed tightly. A hand fell on her shoulder, to which she grabbed holding her blade up to his neck. Shoji stared with surprised eyes at her, and she let go of him, quickly checking him over. She was quiet, an indicator that she didn't her aids in. 'why haven't you put them in?' he questioned, and she sighed looking down at them, and then up to Shoji. "He has power over me, after all these years" the boy didn't understand what she meant. She scrunched her fists "If he says a certain word, I can't control myself, I have to obey him" She finally answered, Shoji took the hearing aids from her hand. "Can I just show you something?" she nodded her head, leaning into his touch as he put them in, she jumped at the loud sound of cheering. Shoji held his hands over her ears noticing her pained expression, she looked up at him "You hear that?"

"Obviously, that's so loud"

"Exactly, are you going to be able to hear that one word over that?" She widened her eyes and then looked out to the cheering crowd. Her hands grabbed Shoji's removing them slowly, her hands slipped into his as she smiled with stars in her eyes. "I can still become a hero!" She chirped, and he brought her into a hug "Of course you can" she stood closer to the entrance of the tunnel and took a deep breath listening to the crowd's cheers. When she turned her gaze was soft "I'm sorry I didn't tell you about" Shoji held a hand up to stop her

"It did hurt me finding out you had been using a man like that, but it was for information I'm gathering, and knowing his exact location" She nodded her head and he reached out grabbing her hand "Then I can forgive that, as long as you never do it again"

"I never would!" She called out squeezing his hand that fit perfectly into hers. Shoji smirked down at her, "From now on we're enemies Shizu" He teased, and she smiled, as she began to dramatically swing their link arms "May the best man win"