seven; apologies

You harshly swiped your brush against the canvas, cursing under your breath as you did so.

Giyuu had been avoiding you since the last night, while all you wanted was to be around him. You felt annoying and clingy and you hated it.

You dipped your brush into the green paint, swiping it back onto the canvas.

Your emotions shifted from anger to sadness. Everything had been going smoothly between you and Giyuu. You felt a deep connection to him, almost as if your friendship was evolving into something more.

You shook your head at the thought. It was absurd.

I'm a demon.

Despite any feelings that may have arisen, you understood that Giyuu's care for you stemmed from his duty as a demon slayer, not from any romantic intentions.

It wasn't a pleasant realization, so you buried it deep in your mind, despite its truth.

Realizing the time, you went to prepare dinner. You might have been upset, but you wouldn't let him starve.

By the time you finished cooking, Giyuu had finally emerged from the confines of his room.

Unbeknownst to you, the weight of ignoring you had been gnawing at him. He, too, longed to see you, but he was grappling with some significant news and didn't know how to broach the topic.

The enticing aroma of your cooking wafted through the air, drawing him from his bedroom and into the dining room.

"Good evening," he spoke softly. You didn't respond, simply setting the food on the table.

You and Giyuu sat in silence, the air thick with unspoken tension. You sipped on your glass of blood while he quietly ate the meal you had prepared. You were still upset with him, and he could tell.

"Y/n... I, um..." he began, his voice trailing off slightly. You scoffed lightly, quickly hiding it behind your cup. His eyes widened in response, and he set down his chopsticks, a sense of urgency creeping into his demeanor.

"Listen," Your eyes moved up to meet his, showing that you were.

"There's another."

Your eyebrow quirked, having no idea what he was talking about. "Another demon. One that doesn't eat humans." You set the cup down, now fully listening. "Her name is Nezuko. Her brother is a demon slayer and he's been attempting to 'protect' her the whole time."

"You were upset about not being able to meet Tamayo, but I think you could meet her." Your eyes lit up, a wide smile beaming across your face. "Really?! When? What's she like??" You questioned excitedly, leaning forward as your palms pressed into the tabletop.

Your outburst made him flinch slightly, but he continued, "She's quite young, maybe 10." He paused before speaking again. "The thing is, she can't speak." You tilted your head, intrigued by this new information, and he shrugged in response. "Don't know why, but all she does is groan."

Though you found it a bit odd, your excitement overshadowed any concerns. "That's fine. I can't wait to meet her," you responded eagerly, already imagining the possibilities of this encounter.

Giyuu leaned back slightly, a sense of relief washing over him now that he had shared the news with you. He hated when you were upset with him.

"You shouldn't keep things like this from me, Giyuu-sama," you remarked, tilting your head inquisitively. He averted his gaze, clearly embarrassed. "I'm sorry. I didn't know how to tell you," he admitted sheepishly.

You nodded sympathetically. "It's fine. How will we meet?" you inquired, eager to know the details.

Giyuu furrowed his brow in thought. "I have to ask Oyakata-sama. He'll probably have to tell the Insect Pillar."

"Kocho Shinobu, right?" you interjected, recalling the information he had previously shared with you. "How do you know that?" he asked, puzzled.

You gave him a blank look before responding flatly "You told me. I know all the Pillars." Giyuu nodded in acknowledgment. "Well, uh, yeah, that's her," he confirmed.

You raised an eyebrow at his expression. "Isn't she your friend?" He almost choked on his food. "Kocho? My friend?" He collected himself, shaking his head. "Absolutely not. That woman is such a pain in the ass," You giggled at his response. Giyuu rarely cursed.

"If you say so. You think she'll accept me?" He thought about it for a moment. "Yeah, eventually. She'll bitch at me though." Your eyes widened as he cursed again. He must really not like her. You honestly wondered why.

As you settled onto the couch, you turned to Giyuu with a curious expression. "Tell me about the other pillars?" you asked, eager to talk to him more.

He sighed and looked up. "Well, there's the flame pillar. He's really loud, but I like him. He's nice." You smiled at him as he pondered his next words.

"Then there's the wind pillar. He's a rude idiot, and it honestly baffles me that he's still alive, let alone a Hashira. Such a simpleton." You stifled a chuckle at his choice of words. "Simpleton? Huh?"

"Nothing." He muttered before continuing his rant. "The snake pillar, Iguro. He's mean like a lot of the others, but it's different with him. His words actually make me reflect on myself."

You placed your hand on his shoulder. Feeling him tense up, you squeezed it reassuringly. "Is it because you keep to yourself?" He rested his head against the back of the couch. "I guess."

Your expression turned serious as you met his gaze. You hated that the world looked down on introverts. They were just as competent as everyone else, if not more. The only difference was that they knew how to shut the hell up, and you respected it.

"You choosing not to talk a lot has no relevance to your ability as a demon slayer. They're stupid to judge you for that, Giyuu-sama."

He looked down at you, a bit surprised at your response. "You think?" You frowned, saddened by the fact that he had to question it. "Of course. I know you're a good person, and a strong pillar."

You noticed the soft quirk on the side of his lip, and gave him one as well. "Thanks Y/n-san."