fourteen; trip

"Rengoku, Uzui and Kanroji made this for you." You looked up at Giyuu as he dropped a basket on the table.

As you unpacked the contents of the basket, a mix of excitement and gratitude filled your heart. Fruits, jewelry, shampoos, and soaps spilled out, each item reflecting the unique personalities of its donors. You couldn't help but smile as you imagined the pillars carefully selecting each gift for you.

When you found a note tucked among the items, you passed it to Giyuu, eager for him to read it. His eyes scanned the words, and you watched as a hint of amusement flickered across his face.

"For all the trouble we caused you. Signed, Love pillar, Flame pillar, and God of festivities."

You raised an eyebrow at the last part, giving him a confused expression. He chuckled lightly, "Uzui has a bit of a god complex."

Your laughter faded as you noticed the pained expression on Giyuu's face.

"I'm sorry those were the circumstances you had to meet them in. That must have been worrisome for you," he murmured, his voice laced with genuine remorse.

You offered him a gentle smile, reaching out to place your hand on his. "Really, Giyuu-sama, it's okay. I'm just glad I got to meet them."

As you spoke, you noticed a faint blush creeping onto his cheeks, and you quickly withdrew your hand, his gaze momentarily averted. "Well, some of them," you added with a giggle.

"Shinazugawa and Obanai are a bit.." He trailed off, biting his lip as he searched for the words.

"Inconsiderate." You spoke flatly, rolling your eyes as you remembered the things they said. "I see why you don't like them."

"Yeah," Giyuu replied, his movements steady as he rinsed his dish and placed it away. He glanced out the window, noticing the moon beginning its ascent into the night sky.

"You ready to go?" he asked, turning to face you.

You stood up, nodding excitedly. Finally, you were going to meet Lady Tamayo.

Grabbing your bag, which contained only a few essentials since you two would be in Tokyo for at least three days, you followed after Giyuu.

As you reached the door, Giyuu crouched down, prompting you to raise an eyebrow in curiosity. "We need to get there tonight. Get on," he instructed.

You chuckled nervously. "It's fine, you can't run that much faster than me."

He rolled his eyes. "Yes, I can."

Sighing, you wrapped your arms around his neck before hopping onto his back. His hands secured under your thighs, ensuring you were comfortable and safe. With that, he took off running, his strides swift as he carried you towards your destination.

After what felt like both an eternity and a mere heartbeat, you finally arrived at your destination. Giyuu gently set you down, and you straightened your clothes.

Your eyes lit up as you observed your surroundings. The vibrant city lights of Tokyo illuminated the night sky, casting a mesmerizing glow over the bustling streets.

Giyuu smiled as he noticed your excitement, reaching out to take your hand in his.

Confusion flickered in your eyes as you looked up at him, prompting him to shyly avoid your gaze. "I don't want us to get separated," he explained, his voice barely audible over the noise of the city.

You nodded understandingly, giving his hand a reassuring squeeze before you both resumed walking, navigating the crowded streets of Tokyo together.

"So, where does Lady Tamayo live?" He looked around, searching for something. "She said that her assistant would meet us here."