twelve; reactions

You rubbed your eyes, slowly standing up to sit at your vanity. Squinting your eyes at the reflection, you noticed they were red and puffy, still damp from tears.

Watching in the reflection, you tried to force up a smile. Attempt after attempt, the corners of your lips only sank immediately after perking up. Your eyes shook, silent tears spilling down your face.

There's no way I'm crying over a man

You shook your head and grabbed a towel to wipe your face before walking to the bathroom. You needed a nice warm bath to decompress.

You weren't surprised to see Giyuu. He lived here, so it was obvious that he would be in his own home. You half expected to see him, but you couldn't look at him right now. Your gaze was trained to the ground as you entered the washroom.

Sighing, you slipped your yukata off your shoulders, filling the tub before climbing in.

You've replayed the events from last night countless times. It was practically engrained into your brain.

You felt his hands on your cheeks, his thumb on your lip, his warm, alcohol-tinted breath over your lips.

But the second you relived the kiss itself, you would think of his snores and immediately be turned off.

Rubbing your head, you let out a low grumble. Sooner or later, you had to talk to him. But maybe it would go well. Maybe he'll confess to you again, sober this time, and actually ask you out!

You scoffed at yourself. You were delusional.

Sighing, you quickly got dressed and headed to the kitchen.

You poured your cup of blood, knowing you would definitely need it today. Twirling it in the cup, you were a bit saddened to be drinking it again. The wine from last night was so much better. Sighing, you took a sip, gritting your teeth at the metallic taste.

They're both gross.

Your eyes widened as they met Giyuu's. Every time you saw him, you couldn't help but be entrapped by his eyes. You looked down, scolding yourself for being so distracted.

"Good morning." It was a horrible morning.

"Morning, Y/n-san."

Your heart sank as you heard him refer to you that way. You knew he remembered your agreement last night. He must not feel that way anymore.

Your breath hitched as he stepped towards you, lightly brushing against your shoulder to reach the tea.

Now or never.

"I, um..." You started, quickly being interrupted by Giyuu.

"No. I should go first," you watched as he rubbed his face. "Please forgive me if I said anything that made you uncomfortable last night. I can only vaguely remember, but please know that it was a mistake. I was very intoxicated, and I'm very ashamed of the things I said."

Your eyes widened, and you could feel them start to tear up but you bit it back.

You were right? It was just the alcohol. There was no way he actually felt that way. Especially since he was a demon slayer- a hashira. He could never love you.

Still, you had to confirm.

"What you said last night... did you mean it?"

Your heart dropped as he shook his head. You wanted to die.

What was wrong with him? Why would he put you through that, just to snatch it away? You felt like you were being played like a fiddle.

"I think it's best if we forget last night happened. I would hate for you to be uncomfortable around me, especially since you are staying here."

You're just a man.

So easy for him to say; he was actually drunk. You could never forget that night. He kissed you.

Your gaze traveled between his eyes. You searched, and searched, and searched for anything implying that he didn't mean what he was saying. A sign that maybe he did love you, but he was afraid to admit it.

You couldn't find one.

"I uh- Yeah. It's wiped." You couldn't say anything else to him. You didn't know if you ever would. You forced up a smile, it was almost worse than the ones you practiced in the mirror before.

You almost ran to your room, falling on the bed and crying again.

You've experienced love before, or at least you thought so. But now, you were definitely in love, you have never felt this way about anybody.

Whenever Giyuu wasn't around, you couldn't breathe. But when he was, you felt suffocated. He was your lifeline.

It's been almost a year since you moved in, yet you fall more and more in love every time you speak with him.

Your heart shattered as he told you so easily that last night was a mistake, drunken thoughts that didn't mean anything.

He kissed you, goddamnit!

He probably didn't even remember that.

"You can't kiss a girl and tell her to forget it, Giyuu," you whispered to yourself, curling up into a ball for a nap.

----

Remember guys, voting for chapters is the best way to help out in supporting this story.