eight; butterfly

Giyuu stood before Oyakata-sama, his expression serious yet determined. He had been contemplating this moment for days, rehearsing the words in his mind over and over again.

"Oyakata-sama," Giyuu began, his voice steady as he bowed respectfully. "I'd like to make a request. If you don't mind."

Kagaya regarded him with a knowing gaze, his wise eyes seeming to understand Giyuu's heart. "Speak, Giyuu. What is it that troubles you?"

"It's about Y/n," He hesitated, feeling the weight of his words.

The leader nodded slowly, he was aware of your significance to Giyuu. Even though he wouldn't admit it, Kagaya knew how much you meant to him. "Go on."

"I think she should meet Nezuko," Giyuu said, his voice barely above a whisper. "I believe they have much in common, and it may help for them to have someone who understands their struggle as demons."

There was a moment of silence as he considered Giyuu's request. His expression softened, and a faint smile tugged at the corners of his lips. "Giyuu, your compassion for both Nezuko and Y/n does you credit. You have my approval. I will arrange the meeting as soon as possible."

"You're aware I must inform the butterfly estate of Y/n's existence, correct?" Giyuu nods in response, "Absolutely. I have no relunctance to that." Kagaya smiles, nodding in acceptance.

Relief flooded through Giyuu, his shoulders sagging slightly with the weight lifted from his chest. "Thank you, Oyakata-sama."

"Of course, my child."

As Giyuu turned to leave, Kagaya's voice called out to him once more. "Remember, Giyuu, trust in your instincts. You have shown great wisdom and empathy in your actions. I have no doubt that this meeting will be beneficial for all involved."

With a grateful nod, Giyuu exited the room.

Two days later;

"Tomioka-san~!"

Your eyes widened as you heard the feminine voice outside the door. You hesitantly met Giyuu's blank stare as he opens it.

"Kocho, what are you do-" He was interrupted as she pushed past him, into the estate.

"I heard about your lady friend and I thought I'd visit." She looked at him over her shoulder. "Hasn't it been a while?" He grimaced, "Not long enough." She giggled and walked to the dining room, where you sat.

"Oh!" You were almost frozen in place, too scared to do anything. "Hello.. Kocho-sama." Shinobu smiled warmly at you, her demeanor instantly putting you at ease. "Hi! You're Y/n L/n. Right?"

You nodded, and Shinobu extended her hand towards you. "It's nice to meet you, L/n-san," she said with genuine warmth.

You shook her hand, feeling a sense of relief wash over you at her friendly demeanor.

"I can't believe you took so long to introduce us." She pouted at Giyuu, who only rolled his eyes and sat beside you. "See why I don't like her?" He whispered into your ear, causing a tiny smirk to fall on your lips.

She frowned. "Whispering in front of others is rude, Tomioka-san." She leaned forward on the table as she continued, "You know, this is why people don't like you."

You had no idea why she thought that was appropriate to say in front of you, but you wouldn't let it slide.

"I like him."

Shinobu's eyes widened, a small smile playing on her lips. Her lips parted to speak but you cut her off. "Giyuu's a strong and kind man. He's treated me with nothing but respect since I got here so I can't understand why people wouldn't like him."

His eyes widened as he glanced down at you. You smiled up at him assuringly, noticing how red his face was.

"Wow, L/n" She starts, a sweet expression on her face. "I didn't expect you to stand up to me like that. Please know that I only tease Tomioka-san. And even though I joke like that, I do consider him a friend of mine."

Giyuu scoffs but you both ignore it.

"Oh! I understand. Sorry I got defensive." You give her a sheepish smile. "I just didn't want to hear the man who saved my life being badmouthed."

"Saved is a strong word." He speaks, causing you to nudge his side with your elbow. "No it's not. That's what happened."

Shinobu giggled at your banter. "I've never seen Tomioka this close with anybody."

Giyuu tilts his head, "She kind of lives here."

"That reminds me," Shinobu began, her curious gaze met yours. "How did you and Tomioka meet?"

You glanced at Giyuu before starting, "It's a bit of a long story," you admitted. Giyuu nodded in agreement, "She was turned by Muzan, I was supposed to kill her. She hadn't eaten anyone though, so I brought her here."

"I was literally eating myself." You joked, but they didnt laugh.

Shinbou stared at you with a concerned expression, and Giyuu looked disgusted as he remembered the sight.

"But! Giyuu-san saved me!" You exclaimed to lighten the mood.

Giyuu shifted in his seat, clearly not used to being the center of attention. "It was nothing," he muttered, but you could see the hint of pride shining in his eyes.

Shinobu smiled softly, "It sounds like you two have been through quite a lot together," she observed, her tone thoughtful.

You nodded in agreement, feeling a sense of gratitude for the bond that had formed between you and Giyuu. "We have," you said, your voice filled with sincerity. "I'm glad it was him."

Giyuu's expression softened at your words, a small smile tugging at the corners of his lips. "Me too," he admitted quietly, his gaze meeting yours with a warmth that sent butterflies all through your stomach.

"Aww!!!" Shinobu cooed as she watched the two of you. "So cute!"

Giyuu's gaze moved to Shinobu, turning to one of annoyance. "Okay, time for you to go. You've met Y/n." Shinobu stood up and he followed behind, ushering her out of the estate. You giggled at the sight.

"L/n-san's really pretty, right Tomioka?" She tilted her head up at the water pillar. "Uh," He felt his face getting hot. "I guess.."

"You two would be cute together. It almost seems like you already are."

His eyes shot open. "I- I can't do that." He looked at her with a bewildered expression. "And why not, Tomioka?" He shook his head. "I'm a hashira, she's a demon."

"And yet, you brought her back to headquarters when you were ordered to kill her. You took her into your home. You showed her to Oyakata-sama. You arranged a meeting for her with Nezuko. You do everything in your power to make sure she's safe, comfortable and happy."

Giyuu's eyes widened at Shinobu's observations. "But yeah, she's a demon, you're not," she spoke sarcastically, a mischievous glint in her eyes. "Goodnight, Tomioka."

Giyuu was left dumbfounded on his own doorstep.

He had to admit that she had a point. He could have left you with Oyakata-sama or at the Butterfly Estate, but you stayed in his home. And frankly, he wouldn't have it any other way.

Shaking off his thoughts, Giyuu entered the estate again, saving his reflections for another day.

----

Giyuu and Y/n remind me of the song 'Something Stupid' by Frank Sinatra.