three; trust

This chapter is just a bunch of tiny moments with Giyuu and Y/n. If you guys like this one i might add a few more throughout the book.

Februrary 12th, 1920

"Hey, L/n."

You rose from your seat at the knock on the door, moving to answer it. "Yes, Tomioka-sama?" Giyuu stood there, holding out a bag to you. "I, um... I bought you some new clothes. Just so you have more options," he explained, his voice trailing off.

Grateful, you accepted the bag with a smile. "That's very thoughtful of you. Thank you," you replied sincerely. Giyuu shook his head slightly. "It's the least I could do. Sorry this is all there is."

Your brows furrowed slightly at his apology. "Don't apologize. I truly appreciate this," you assured him, offering another smile. Giyuu nodded in response. "Okay. You're welcome," he said before turning to leave.

February 20th, 1920

You stared down at the chicken in front of you, feeling a wave of repulsion wash over you. The feathers were still attached, and blood oozed from the spot on its neck where it had been cut. There was no way you could bring yourself to bite into it. It was too grotesque, too primal.

"I'm sorry Tomioka-sama." you murmured, unable to hide your distaste.

Giyuu raised an eyebrow, concern flickering in his eyes. "What's wrong? You don't like chicken?"

You shook your head, feeling a mixture of guilt and frustration. "It's not that... it's just, this is disgusting," you confessed, unable to hide your feelings.

Giyuu sighed heavily and rubbed his temple, a gesture of exasperation. He couldn't blame you for your reaction. Despite being physically transformed into a demon, you still clung to your humanity in ways that baffled him and Oyakata-sama.

You still had your human memories. You could speak fine. You refused to eat humans. And he had now learned that you refused to eat raw animals as well.

"We'll keep trying," Giyuu assured you quietly as he stood up, a sense of determination in his voice.

March 10th, 1920

You laid your palm in your hand, sighing softly as you stared into the distance. Across from you, Giyuu sat quietly, eating the curry rice you had prepared for him.

You insisted on cooking for him. He tried to stop you the first couple times, but you thought it was the least you could do to repay him for putting a roof over your head.

Giyuu didn't like how quiet you were being.

Honestly, you two didn't talk much. You wouldn't stay at the table with him unless you had something to say. But here you were, at the table, not speaking.

Sensing your somber mood, Giyuu broke the silence. "Is something on your mind?" he asked, his tone gentle yet concerned.

You met his gaze, feeling a rush of nerves as you contemplated sharing your thoughts. "Uh.." You trailed off, not knowing how to say it.

Fuck it.

"Today's my birthday."

Giyuu's eyes widened in surprise. "Really?" he exclaimed, caught off guard by your revelation. You nodded, avoiding his gaze. Without another word, he swiftly rose from his seat. "I'll be right back."