(30) To the Bullring

"Woah," Tommy exhales, stepping back inside his bedroom and finding Jemima sat reading on his bed in nothing but one of his shirts.

"What?" Jemima queries, glancing away from her book as he shuts the door.

He places a knee on the bed, leaning forwards to brush their lips together, "you look breathtaking."

"Tom, I look like a mess," Jemima blushes, as he reaches forwards to pull the book out of her hands, placing her bookmark in its place and putting it on the bedside table before moving further onto the bed to press their lips together again, her hands coming to his shoulders bringing him closer.

"No, you look absolutely stunning," Tommy corrects, placing an array of soft kisses on the underside of her jaw.

"Don't you have a big day to be preparing for," Jemima laughs.

"I'm sure I've got enough time to make those pretty eyes of yours roll," Tommy grunts.

Dramatically, Jemima rolls her eyes, "come on, boss man, go get yourself ready. I'll be down soon, and seeing as you like this look so much, I'll be sure to wear it when you come to bed tonight."

"Love, if you do that. Neither of us are going to sleep," Tommy whispers.

"We have no plans tomorrow," Jemima replies, running her hand down his chest and pushing him back.

"Good, then it won't matter that you won't be able to walk either," Tommy smiles, getting off the bed.

"You're a prick," Jemima says as he retreats towards the door, glancing over his shoulder, winking at her, "I'm your prick."

-

"Right," Tommy starts, as everyone gathers around the chalkboard, "I've gathered you all here today, because this is the day we replace Billy Kimber. This is the day we become respectable. The day we join the official national association of racehorse bookmakers. But first, we do the dirty work."

"We all know this day has been coming, I just haven't told anyone the date. We're going to the Worcester races, the tracks open at one. We get there at two."

"Kimber thinks we're going there to help fight the Lee brothers, but thanks to the efforts of our John, and his lovely new wife Esmé. The Lees are now our kin." Tommy announces, "I interrupted those efforts this morning, and I can assure you that John is making great sacrifices."

"Yeah alright," John grumbles, placing his arm around Esmé's waist, as the group laughs.

"It'll be us and the Lees against Kimbers boys, we take them out and leave the bookies," Tommy says, "I expect a swift victory that'll signal all the way to London that we believe in letting legitimate businesses run peacefully."

"And what about Kimber himself?" John inquires.

Tommy takes a drag from his cigarette, giving a slight nod in his brothers direction, "I'll deal with Kimber. Any other questions?"

"Yes," Polly speaks up from beside Jemima, "does anybody object if I bring a newcomer to the meeting?"

She walks to the back of the room, opening the back doors, and Ada comes in carrying her infant close to her chest.

"I'd like to introduce the newest member to the Shelby clan," Polly states.

Jemima is the first to go to Ada, gently booping the baby's nose making him giggle.

"He's missed you," Ada smiles, as Finn comes to join them, staring interestedly up at the baby in his sisters arms.

"I named him Karl," Ada announces, "after Karl Marx."