(45) Michael Gray

"Successful meeting?" Jemima asks as the eldest three brothers exit the snug, coming over to where she was sat with Mariana and Finn.

"Very successful," Tommy nods, offering her hand as she slides out of the booth.

"Ready to go?" Arthur asks Mariana, who nods, finishing her drink, and raising from her seat.

Unbeknownst to Jemima, Tommy had sort of asked Mariana to essentially be a personal guard for his girlfriend should he not be there. He did not trust Sabini to stay away from her, and it was much less discrete than having a blinder with her when he wasn't. The two were friends, and one also happened to be a trained assassin whom he did trust with the protection of Jemima.

He was hoping she wouldn't find out about the arrangement, he knew she'd be pissed off he hadn't told her, but he also knows she would fight him on it if she knew. And well this way meant she was protected. He could deal with her being pissed off with him, he'd been dealing with it for years, however he wouldn't cope if she got harmed again.

"What've you two been talking about?" John inquires, as they exit the pub.

"Not you, don't get excited," Mariana teases.

"Your lives don't revolve around me?" John gasps, "how inconsiderate of the both of you."

-

Arthur and John burst through the front door of their house, guns drawn as they role-play a scenario to do with one of the boys they'd just had a meeting with. The other three following slowly behind them.

"Alright then, Polly. Who's this?" Arthur asks, putting his gun back in his holster, eyeing the boy stood beside his aunt.

"Gentlemen, this is your cousin," Tommy addresses, "ladies, this is Michael, Pollys son."

Michael steps forwards confidently, his hand outstretched as he greets his cousins with a handshake, "pleased to meet you."

"I'm Arthur, you've already met me. I used to throw you out of the window so John here could catch you."

"I used to put you in a shoebox and kick you down Watery Lane," John adds.

"I bet you're glad to be back," Tommy comments, as Michael turns.

"I'm Jemima," she smiles softly at him.

"Are you family?"

"I sure as fuck hope not," Arthur scoffs, nudging Tommy.

"No, I'm Tommys partner, this is our friend Mariana," Jemima tells him, feeling Tommys arm rest around her shoulders, "welcome to the Shelby family."

"Later on we'll show you the ropes," Arthur says, and Polly looks at Tommy, a look of worry on her face.

"Let's leave him be for now, eh?" Tommy replies, as Polly straightens Michaels bowtie.

-

"Tommy," Jemima laughs, slapping his hands from her waist as he whispered something absurd in her ear. Currently, the two were extremely drunk and trying to bake brownies.

There was a gramophone in the corner, playing a soft melody in the background as Jemima stirs the mixture.

"I love you," Tommy mumbles, resting his head on her shoulders, smiling when one of her hands comes to start playing with his hair, "I love you too."

"I don't know how I'm meant to pour this into the tray if I have a drunk Thomas Shelby leaning on me," Jemima teases.

"You like saying my name," Tommy replies, "how about we go upstairs and I get you screaming it? I'm sure I can make you finish before those brownies do."