(48) The Arrests

"I-uh, John said it was okay for me to come and get some of my things," Tommy stutters, when Jemima opens up her front door.

Dammit she looks gorgeous. Her hair was down, slightly wavy, reaching just above her shoulders. Gosh he wanted to run his hands through it. Her skin was golden, her freckles enhanced by the recent sun that had been beaming down, he was longing to touch her.

"Yeah, come on in," Jemima says, watching Tommys head turn towards the living room when he hears voices.

"It's Arlo, my dad, and one of his friends," Jemima tells, noticing the slight lines of worry on his face. He didn't need to worry about anyone else. She didn't want anyone else. She wanted him. But she had to make her point. What he did was not okay.

Jemima continues, "John told me you were coming so most of your stuff is already there, ready for you to take."

"Thank you," Tommy nods.

"Tommy!" Arlo exclaims, rushing over to him, as Jemima goes into the lounge. She knew the two had a strong bond. She wasn't going to get between that.

"Hey lad, you doing okay?"

"Yeah..." Arlo nods, "I thought you two broke up, what are you doing here?"

"We did, I'm here to get my stuff," Tommy says, starting to head up the stairs; aware that Arlo would follow him.

"Why did you break up? She won't tell me. She's always sad, why can't you make her happy again?" Arlo asks.

Tommy had noticed that although people knew they'd broken up. Jemima hadn't seemed to ever disclose the reason why. As if she didn't want anyone to hate him. Well, he did. He wanted people to hate him for what he'd done, he deserves to be hated for it.

"I want to make her happy, believe me," Tommy sighs, "and me staying away, that'll help."

"That's preposterous!" Arlo scoffs, "she's always happiest when she's with you. Whatever happened, you can get through it."

"I hope so, but I'm doing what she's asked of me, and that is staying away for a while," Tommy tells him.

"You love her, she loves you, you can work through it," Arlo states, "you do love her, don't you?"

"Yes," Tommy nods.

"Then why aren't you fighting harder!" Arlo says, watching Tommy put some of his things in a box.

"Arlo... she needs some space," Tommy replies, "she needs to think, me pestering her isn't going to help. It'll only confirm things that neither of us want to believe is true." That he's just like all the others.

"I miss you too," Arlo responds.

"You'll still see me," Tommy assures him, placing a hand on his shoulder.

"But you won't always be here, I like you being here," Arlo admits.

"Arlo, these like this happen, it may last forever, it may not. We don't know right now. But just because I'm not always here, doesn't mean that I'll never be here," Tommy sighs, "I'm always going to be here if you need me, the fact I am not currently in a relationship with your sister is independent to that."

"I love you," Arlo states, throwing his arms around Tommy, who smiles sadly, gently patting the boys back, "I love you too, lad."

"Whatever you've done, she will forgive you," Arlo mutters as he pulls away.

"I sure hope so," Tommy says.

-

"Where is Tommy?" Max questions.