Chapter 24: Prisoners of Suffering

Kreostland Empire
Empirial Palace

EMPRESS CHAMBER

   "She's going to be fine now. The poison is already gone. But you must take care of her. She's still in pain because of her weakness," Priestess Lilia muttered.
   I can hear their voices but I can't move an inch nor speak. I slowly open my eyes and the light of the chandelier hit my face.

   "Thank you, Priestess," Vernassa responded.
   Narinig ko ang pagsarado ng pintuan. I look at Vernassa who sat on the chair beside my bed.
   Kagagaling lang nito sa pag-iyak dahil sa namumula niyong mga mata. Nakita ko ang benda sa braso nito. I want to ask her what happen but I'm too weak to speak.

   Nagsisimula na ang parusa sa akin dahil sa nagawa ko noon. I deserve this. Kulang pa ang nararanasan kong ito bilang kaparusahan. I thought if I sacrifice my own blood and create Clythe from it. I will be free. I will be at peace. Buy I just lied on myself because no matter what I do. Kinakain ako ng nakaraan.

   "Mother," she whipered. I could sense the pain from her voice.
   "You know how I like Cadmus right? You once told me that Cadmus mate is a Sylvaine," she added.

   Nagsimula ng tumulo sa kanyang mga mata ang tubig. She's talking about that again.
   Eversince she saw Cadmus after the tragedy. She start to approach him and be friended him. But Cadmus only give her cold treatments and then departed from the main capital. Pero kahit umalis ito ay hinanap siya ni Vernassa. I tried to stop her by saying that Cadmus already has a mate and it is also a Sylvaine.

   Pero mas kinumbinsi niya ang kanyang sarili na siya ito. I feel sorry for her that she's feeling this way.
   "I met her mother. The Sylvaine I thought was me," natigilan ako sa kanyang tinuran.
   She went to the west and met Aithela? So...she finaly met her.

   "I always visited Cadmus because of this strange feeling inside me. It always said that he is my mate but when I saw him hug her so tight. I feel...choke. The feeling I feel suddenly fades,"

   That's the thing she didn't understand. The feeling or the bond between mate is quite different. And it can also create a misunderstanding mostly if your mate had almost the same characteristics with the other person. In her case, that's what happen. She already felt her mate, but because she saw Cadmus first. She thought it was him.

   I want to reach her face and wipe her tears aways but I can't.

  "I get mad mother...I want him so bad that it tore me inside knowing that he's not my mate. I'm confused mother. Why did this happened to me?", she muttered.
   I am too. Ngayon ko lang napagtanto na naranasan din pala ng anak ko ang naranasan ko noon.

   One of the main reason why my parents abandoned me is because I thought my mate is Zephyro. Adelia's lover. I'm confused and I don't want to create a misunderstanding so I tell it to our brother. But instead of giving me advice and correcting me. He tell it to our parents and they thought I'm trying to be Adelia. To stole it away. They got annoyed and disgusted. I thank my Adelia because she always stand to protect me. I don't know why. But my clan often called me the black sheep.

  Then I run away when they humiliate me at the party. After that, I cry myself out. That's when Ismael came. Our eyes met and the feeling I feel for Zephyro fades. That's when we both knew, Ismael and I are mates.

   A tear fall from my left eye as I remembered Ismael's face as I look to Vernassa. She's the girl version of him.

   "Tell me mother. Why I'm feeling this way? I just want to feel love. To feel alive again. To feel that this world accepts me not because I am tye empress daughter. But because I am me....why am I not her, mother?", that question got me.