"we still fell"

L E V I

round two ||

january 2nd

[ 2:27 PM ]

"Did you meet her? Is she as gorgeous as her picture? Did she seem to like you at all? Do you like her at all? Please tell me there was some sort of spark between the two of us because you are not allowed back home without a woman!" Abri groans, sprawling out on the couch, moving the laptop with her, contorting her appearance. The laptop almost falls off the couch, and I utter a scolding.

"Abri!" I rake a hand through my hair, hearing the laptop fall to the ground with a crash. I see under the couch for a second before she lifts the laptop back up and I see her face again. She wears a sheepish expression as she sets it down on the coffee table.

"Whoops," she says, grinning.

I let out a breath. I haven't even said hi to her yet and she took control of the conversation right off the bat, bombarding me with questions I haven't even had time to process myself. But I knew she'd be wanting to know everything. I knew as soon as I saw her expectant expression.

In all honesty, I was just glad to see her face. It's been a few days since I've seen a familiar face, instead of new strangers, and suddenly I don't feel so alone here. I was told every Sunday afternoon I could chat with my family, so Abri will be getting an update every week from here on out. And so every Sunday I get to feel less alone.

I smile at her as she continues talking, not even noticing me.

"Levi?"

I raise a brow. "What?"

"Why are you smiling like that?"

I shrug. "I'm happy to see you?"

She groans. "It's been all of four days, Levi! You're not missing me yet are you?" she teases, pulling a pillow up under her chin.

You've got no idea, kiddo.

"No, no, of course not. That'd be unreasonable." I smile again, watching as she shoves a chip into her mouth.

"You still didn't answer any of my questions..." she reminds me.

I let out a sigh. "Which ones out of the fifty do you want me to answer first?"

She looks thoughtful. "Are you guys getting married yet?"

I do my best not to roll my eyes. "No. Next."

"Did you even meet her?"

"Yes. Next."

"Woah, woah, there's a lot to unpack from that question. Slow down, Levi James. Give me a minute to process you've met a woman... that in itself is amazing."

I let out a dry chuckle. "You know what, I'm thinking maybe I haven't missed you that much. Maybe we should do this another time, when I actually miss your sarcasm." I threaten to shut the laptop on her.

She objects immediately, "Okay, okay, Levi! I'll stop now!" She holds her hands up, as if that would stop me from shutting it. I pause, giving her a look. "Wow, Levi, I'm so glad you met a woman you are now dating. Please, tell me how you met her," she says in a monotone voice, chomping down on another chip.

I smile smugly, leaning back against the chair I'm currently sitting in. Outside the room, I can hear Linus singing and talking to himself, and I have to do my best to ignore him.