ii-II. THE FOREST

Book 2 : Chapter Two - The Forest

"It does not feel right. I think something's wrong in Narnia"

* * *

It's now the first day of Amaryllis in Hogwarts as who she is.

Ron and Hermione kept on telling Amy stories about everything that happened when she was gone until they are inside the DADA classroom. Harry is quiet which made Amy really curious, he isn'tnormallylike that.

"The Order was in the Grimmauld's place most of the time for their meeting," said Hermione as she and Amy sit together on one of the chairs inside the DADA classroom while Ron and Harry sit on the seat just next to them.

"Order?" Amy asked in confusion. "The Order of the Pheonix," Hermione answered but Amy still don't understand. "What's that?" she asked once again. Since Harry and Ron are just sitting near them they could hear her so Harry answered. "It's some kind of a society Dumbledore founded during the last war," he said quietly

"Why didn't I know this?" Amy asks herself.

"Well, it's secret and we didn't know either since the holiday" Hermione responded.

"And oh. Snape is in the order. Right 'mione?" said Ron

"Yes, quite unbelievable," Hermione answered.

"Snape seems okay with Dumbledore," says Amy. It's true, Amaryllis thinks Snape is not as bad as they thought he is if Dumbledore is trusting him that much. But she still cannot trust him that quick. Trusting a Slytherin? she cannot do the same mistake twice.

"No, he's a git. Probably working as a spy for Voldemort," says Harry. Amy cannot help but smirk everytime Harry speak of that name without flinching like others do.

She's about to speak when a paper bird that someone made for fun bursts into flames right above her, its ashes land straight at Patil sisters' table, and everyone became silent.

"Good morning, children," a quirky voice said from behind. All of the students turned their heads to see who spoke and it was none other than Dolores Umbridge. She was introduced by Albus as the new Defence Against the Dark Arts professor last night. She even made an unnecessary speech, it is also obvious the students do not like her immediately. They don't know why, but they just don't.

"Ordinary Wizarding Level examination..." she said walking towards the front as those words started writing themselves on the board. "...O-W-L's more commonly known as OWL's. Study hard and you will be rewarded. Fail to do so, and the consequences may be severe." she flicked her wand and the books from the table flew slowly and magically contributing the books to every student.

"Your previous instruction in this subject has been disturbingly uneven. But you'll be pleased to know, from now on you will be following a carefully structured, Ministry-approved, course of defensive magic," she stated.

That was an understatement. The professor that taught them last year was not really Moody, but a wanted murderer and a death eater.

Amy looked at the said book "Dark Arts Defense: Basics for Beginners" and went through the pages and it was just all about some origin of spells but no instructions on how to use it.

Amy looks at Hermione who also looks at her. Hermione then raised her arms to ask a question.

"Yes?" asks Umbridge after seeing Hermione's arms.

"There's nothing in here about using defensive spells?" said Hermione

"Using spells?" Umbridge laughed "Well, I can't imagine why you would need to use spells in my classroom." She put on a fake kind and almost unapologetic look on her face.