VI. I AM WHAT?

Chapter Six: I am What?

"Where's Edmund?" Amaryllis asked making all of them realize the disappearance of Edmund

"Ed?" Peter called but unfortunately, Edmund did disappear.

"I'm gonna kill him." He added

"You may not have to." Mr Beaver said

They glanced at him and he continues "Has Edmund ever been to Narnia before?"

***

"EDMUND!!" Lucy yelped but immediately hushed by Mr Beaver

"Shh! They'll hear you!" He said in a hushed tone.

They are now standing on a hill where they could clearly see the White Witch's Castle. It was so huge and everything seems made of ice. They could also see statues around the castle where they assumed as the creatures that the White Witch turned into stones.

"Peter!" Amy whisper-shouted pulling Peters arms when he suddenly tried to run towards the castle

"Get off!" Peter barked

"You're playing into her hands!" Mr Beaver said

"We can't just let him go!" Susan interrupted "He's our brother" Lucy added.

"He's the bait! The Witch wants all four of you." The beaver replied making Amy flinched by the mention of the word 'witch' and 'four' which made her realize she doesn't deserve to be there... She's just an outsider who happens to be in the wrong place at the wrong time.

"Why?" Peter asked

"To stop the prophecy from coming true." Mr Beaver answered, "To kill you!"

There was a long pause when Susan finally spoke "This is all your fault!" Susan said furiously.

"My fault?" Peter ask angrily.

"None of this could have happened if you had just listened to me!" Susan answered.

"You knew this would happen?" Peter replied sarcastically.

"I didn't know! Which is why we should've left while we could!"

"Stop it!" Lucy interrupted "This isn't gonna help Edmund"

"She's right," Mr Beaver said then Amy who keeps silent decided to speak.

"Why don't you let me get him?" She asked since she knew how to defend herself with her magic.

"No. No one will go there" Mr Beaver refuses.

"But we all know I'm not in the prophecy. We cannot waste more time. It's either we let him die or I'll help him then he could survive and I might not so you then fulfil the prophecy." She stated.

"No., Amy, you're here in Narnia for a reason. Only Aslan can help Edmund now." Mr Beaver replied

"Then bring us to him," Peter said.

Amy felt someone squeeze her hand so she looked down and saw Lucy giving her a reassuring smile. Amy sighed but before she could speak she heard a growl so she immediately looked at it and saw at least seven wolves running in their direction.

"RUN!!" Amy yelled making everyone panic and run as fast as they could. Lucy still grabbing her hands. "Peter! Get Lucy!" She said then let Lucy go to Peter.

The wolves were really fast and they got nearer to them and Amaryllis doesn't have any choice. She quickly took her wand from her boots then shot a spell at them "Stupify!"