II. THE WARDROBE

Chapter Two: The Wardrobe

As Amaryllis was passing by the professor's office, Professor Kirke went out at the same time making Amy stop in her tracks "Evening, Professor" she said enthusiastically.

"Good evening to you too, Amy. I see you are on your way to dinner," he said. Amy laughed "It's my favourite time of the day of course I wouldn't miss it." she joked. The Professor chuckles.

"Well then, let's go. We should not make our new companions wait. I believe you've met them?" He asked. "Yeah. They seemed lovely, but still a little awkward when they met me which is totally normal. Remember the first week that I was here?" Amy giggled at the thought. She walked side by side with the professor as they went down the stairs,

"You seem so delicate and innocent, but then it turns out you have a troublemaker behind that facade. It's fortunate that you have finally stopped being Mrs Mcgready's headache" Diggory Kirke replied. Amaryllis laughed mischievously

"Oh! I almost forgot. I was meaning to ask you. Are the Pevensies like...us?" She said whispering the last sentence.

"No. They are muggles." Professor Kirke answered immediately. Amy felt a little disappointed knowing that she could not share much with the siblings and probably lied about where she came from and why she was there.

"Is that disappointment, I'm seeing?" the professor pointed out. "I was just hoping that they're like me. That they have this ability that you-know-who wants so that I would feel like I'm normal. I don't even know if I do have that ability." Amaryllis answered.

"Dumbledore knows what he's doing. If you do not have that ability then there must be other reason he decided to put you in hiding."

"I just..." Amy sighed "I don't know why I'm being like this but I smell some delicious food and that totally would cheer me up!" said Amy as they finally reached the kitchen. As soon as they walked in, The Pevensies who were helping the servants to ready the table looked at them.

Right, this was the first time they would meet the Professor. Well, she also thought at first that the professor was strict and not easy to talk to but then she had proven herself wrong having to have fun conversations with the professor as she stayed in his house. 

"Good evening, Children have you been well?" The professor asked. 

"Yes sir, thank you for having us." said the older boy, what was his name again? Percy? Pe- never mind she totally forgot. 

"Don't mention it. We should start to eat. I know you are exhausted from the trip so you could take more rest." said the Professor as he took the seat at the end of the table, considering there were six seats; two on both sides and one on each end, Amy sat on the other end facing the professor while the two boys sat on the left and the girls sat on the right.

"How are you all settling so far?" Asked the professor looking at the pevensies as they started to eat. 

"We love your house. It's quiet and big and far away from..." The older girl cut her sentence making Amy confused as to what was it about. She looked around seeing all of them seemed to understand what the girl meant making Amy more curious. 

"It was generous of you to accept us here. We are truly grateful" said the older boy "And your granddaughter too for welcoming us," he said looking at Amy.

Amy almost choked on her food hearing that they thought she was Professor Kirke's granddaughter. "Oh no, we are- Professor Kirke is not my grandfather. just like you he also offered me to live here in the meantime. I got here about three or four weeks ago,"