I. THE PEVENSIES

Chapter 1: The Pevensies

Amaryllis Rose was just an average girl, and she wanted to keep it that way. But somehow, destiny has other plans, and it is something she can't comprehend.

It was too sudden, too magical to be true. Merlin, she didn't even feel different at all. It is truly strange why they just had this idea that she possess a powerful ancient magic when she isn't even very good in wand-waving. A little gifted in Charms probably, but not at the same level as Hermione Granger is.

The only explanation they gave her was her ancestor was known to be this powerful sorcerer and that's it.

How was she supposed to know when she was abandoned as a little girl.

She grew up in this old catholic muggle orphanage in London. Although Amaryllis cannot say it was a heavenly home. Behind that almost every hour prayer was just awful people. Especially when Amaryllis turned 8 that's when her wizarding abilities has started to show.

For religious people, ofcourse, only Jesus has the ability to be magical so seeing this young girl make a lamp magically float in the air, they instantly thought she was possesed by a demon.

She remembers clearly how she was dragged to a cathedral for exorsism when this strange old tall man with long hair and beared showed up in the middle of the cathedral, the way their eyes meet the first time through his half moon spectacles, the way they twinkle at the sight of her. it was the first time little Amaryllis felt safe.

The old man helped her escape that hell disguised as a home of hope. That man was Dumbledore.

Dumbledore told her that a family wanted her. Amy was reluctant, she thought they will just put her back to the orphanage when they found out what she can do.

Then, Dumbledore told her that she is a witch. This actually did not make her feel better knowing people burn witches alive as what she learned from the orphanage, but Dumbledore assured her that where they will go, no burning will happen.

The 8-year-old Amaryllis met an English couple in their mid 40's living in Scotland, Amelia and Thomas Rose. They were kind and welcoming. They are like her, a witch and a wizard. Amaryllis then lived with them where they taught Amaryllis everything about the wizarding world and years went by, they are her parents and no one mattered to Amaryllis more.

It is their safety she is most worried about. But Dumbledore promised to keep them safe, and Amaryllis knows the capabilities of her parents to protect themselves as former Aurors.

Today is her third week in the house. There isn't much anything to do there. Not only the house is surrounded by trees and in the middle of somewhere, the nearest landmark is miles away so Amaryllis could only just read books and practice spells. She actually thinks she had improved in her witchcraft skills.

Thanks to Dumbledore for getting rid of the ministry's trace on her, she could do spells here. Well, she still needs to be careful though, the professor's servants are muggles she's sure they will freak out if they found out.

As she was about to turn to another chapter of the novel she's reading, a light tapping sound was heard on her window. She looked up and as soon as she saw the snow white owl tapping at her window looking at her as if it was very glad to meet her.