VIII. WINTER IS ALMOST OVER

Chapter Eight: Winter is Almost Over

THIRD PERSON'S POV

"It's so beautiful..." Amy muttered in awe as they reached a top of a hill still holding Lucy's hand. There they could certainly see how beautiful Narnia truly is. And it would be much more beautiful if the winter is over.

"Now, Aslan's camp is near the Stone Table just across the river" Mr Beaver explained

"Now, Aslan's camp is near the Stone Table just across the river" Mr Beaver explained. They decided to start their journey to Aslan's camp and now, they are in the middle of somewhere the children don't know.

"River?" Peter asked

"The river's been frozen solid for a hundred years." Mrs Beaver answered

"That's good then. We won't be rowing boats with talking alligators underneath" Amy stated.

"Amy," said Susan

"What?" The witch asked innocently

"It's so far," Peter muttered

"It's the world, dear. Did you expect it to be small?" replied Mrs Beaver

"Smaller" Susan said sarcastically

"Amy? Can you fly?" Lucy asked out of nowhere

"Oh, I wish." Amy chuckled "Actually, I can. Does anyone have a broom?"

They all looked at her like they are expecting her to summon a broom.

"I- I was just joking. Shouldn't we have to go now?" She said awkwardly.

"Oh right." Mr Beaver replied "Come on now, children." they started to walk following close behind Mr and Mrs Beaver.

"There's no nimbus 2000 gonna appear out of thin air, is there?" Amy mumbles quietly.

•~•~•~•

"Come on, humans! While we're still young" said Mr Beaver hurrying them to walk faster.

"If he tells us to hurry one more time, I'm gonna turn him into a big fluffy hat," Peter stated kneeling to carry Lucy on his back.

They chuckled as Mr Beaver yelled once again "Hurry up! Come on"

"He is getting a little bossy," said Lucy. Which Amy replies "He's just probably excited to meet Asla-"

"Behind you! It's her!" Mrs Beaver suddenly screamed as the sound of bells from a sleigh became louder and louder.

"RUN!" They all panicked and ran for their lives.