Chapter Thirty-One: How To Get On Axl Rose's Good Side

December 25th, 1985.

I push the eggs around my plate, Haley staring at me from her seat across the booth. Sisterly bonding, I guess that's what this is? Haley and I, spreading the Christmas joy this holiday and working out our relationship.

"So," Haley breathes as I take a sip of my coffee, black just like my soul. "Axl and I, I guess what we're going to is try and co-parent."

The liquid in my mouth spatters all over the table as Haley drops the news, my eyes wide with horror. "Did you just tell me Axl Rose is going to be a father?" I gasp, absolutely stunned by the news.

"He is, but according to him it could be anybody's kid," she rolls her eyes, tossing her hair over her shoulder. "He's the only one I've been with since Trent." Trent was Haley's ex, stationed somewhere in the military nowadays.

"When are you due?" I ask, making an effort to wipe up the hot coffee from the table, not wanting one of Haley's coworkers to be forced to do it.

"July third," she drops my gaze, staring at the table. "I'm not sure if he wants to be involved, I know music is his number one priority, but a baby? Neither one of us was ready for this, but it's what happened."

"Wait," I sigh, thoughts of Axl Rose crossing my mind. "He actually told you that it could be anybody's baby?"

"Well, no," she bites her lip, refusing to meet my gaze. "Axl doesn't necessarily know that I'm pregnant... the day I found out, I had asked him what he would do if a girl had told him she was pregnant, and 'it could be anybody's baby' were the words that came out of his mouth. That's why I left."

"Haley, that's a pretty vague question. You know how girls on the strip are, it quite literally could be anybody's baby... if he knew you were talking about yourself, I'm sure things would be different." If there's one thing I can give Axl Rose credit for: the way he feels about Haley.

"I just can't tell him, Dee. The music is just now taking off, how is he going to afford a baby?" She shakes her head, worry covering her face.

"How are you going to afford a baby?" I counter, thinking of the expense. At least when it was Haley and I together, we took care of each other. I don't know how she's going to do it on her own. When she chose me, our family effectively cut her off as well.

"I've been picking up extra shifts at the diner, looking to get a second job soon. I'm going to save up all the money I can before I go on maternity leave. I think I have everything mostly figured out. Rhonda isn't charging me rent or anything..." she trails off, seemingly realizing that her plan actually isn't a good one.

"It takes a village, Haley. We could be your village. Let Axl be a father, or at least, let Axl choose if he would like to be a father. If he says no, he says no, but Aunt Dee definitely wants to be in the baby's life." I smile at her, and she shoots me a soft smile back.

"You know," she starts, a hand dropping down to her belly. "I thought about my options. I thought about abortion, I thought about adoption. I even went to the abortion clinic, and I just couldn't go through with it. I never wanted to be a teen mom, but if that's the plan for me, then that's the plan for me."

"Technically," I say, making an attempt to cheer her up. "You aren't going to be a teen mom, you turn twenty a few months before you're due."

"I guess you have a point there," she shrugs, standing up from her seat. "But, I picked up a shift today... could you, um, could you do me a favor?" I nod, watching as her eyes trace the patterns of the tile floor. "Can you tell Axl I'm having his baby?"

"Haley, I just stabbed the dude.. I doubt he wants to hear the news of his first born child from me." She looks at me pleadingly, and I give in. "Okay," I sigh, nodding. "I'll tell Satan he's having a baby."

***

"Axl," I say aloud, catching the attention of all five band members when I step into the house. "I need to talk to you."

"Uh, I don't think the two of you need to be alone," Duff steps up quickly, stepping in the three feet of space that separates Axl and I.

"It's really important, and it has to be Axl and I, alone." I take a step forward and Duff places his hand on my shoulder, shaking his head no. "Duff, this isn't about Axl, nor is it about me, it's about Haley and how she needs our help."

As of right now, it's clear that Axl is hung onto my every word, especially at the mention of Haley. "What's wrong with Haley? Is she okay?"

I know Duff isn't going to let me go anywhere with Axl, not alone, not any time soon. "Haley is living with the manager of the diner," I start, catching all eyes on me. "She's working a lot of hours, looking for a second job."

Izzy, who hasn't spoken to me in what feels like forever, breaks the silence that comes after my few statements about what Haley is up to nowadays. "What are you trying to say, Deanna? Just that Haley is homeless and works a lot?"

"Well.. no, actually, what I'm trying to say is..." I trail off, not knowing how to tell Axl the news. "Okay, I'm just going to come right out and say it, even though it's not my news to share but Haley cashed in her favor. Axl.. congratulations, Haley is pregnant."

A/N: LOLLLLL DADDY AXL. so I've been gone again but my boyfriend (now ex obviously) cheated on me with my best friend (who is a dude) and now they're dating??? So I have no boyfriend and no best friend lol I love my life. On the bright side I got my nipples pierced today lol