Chapter Ten • Free

July 12th, 1985

Armed with a bag of greasy burgers from the McDonald's down the street from the band members 'home'. To make up for all the issues I have seemed to cause with the only people I'm friends with, I'm hoping fast food will help with my apology.

It's still quite early for the band to be up and running, only around twelve thirty in the afternoon. The doors to the storage unit are halfway open, due to the blistering Los Angeles heat that infiltrates the metal shack. I have to get them out of here, oh my.

With my purse strung over my shoulder and the McDonald's bag clutched tightly in my hand, I use my arm to push the rolling aluminum door up, revealing four of five members of Guns N' Roses sleeping in various positions around the room.

Someone must've found lumber somewhere, because they created a platform where Izzy, Duff, and Axl are currently sleeping on, Slash propped up in the back corner with his guitar across his lap.

"Knock, knock," I say loudly, banging my fist on the wall. A series of groans ring out from the rockstars as they slowly awaken. "Good afternoon," I throw the bag of burgers on top of the three guys on the platform.

"The fuck are you doing here?" Axl groans, fixing the bandana on his head. Damn, the man even sleeps with his bandana on.

"Where's Steven?" I ignore Axl's question, wanting to let them in on the news of tonight in hopes they'll forgive me.

"At his girlfriend's," Duff yawns, stretching his arms over his head. "Now, What are you doing here?" The blonde reaches into the bag, pulling one of the McDouble's from the bag.

"Making sure you guys are up in time for your gig," I shrug, wiping my forehead with the back of my hand. I can feel the beads of sweat forming on my body from the insane heat that stays in this room. Damn, I really need to get them out of here.

"What gig?" Izzy stands up from the platform, grabbing a pack of cigarettes from the floor and placing it in his mouth.

"Uh, the Troubadour at nine? C'mon, don't tell me I put in all this hard work for nothing." I shudder as I think about Brian on top of me, just about the worst experience of my life.

"Oh, fuck," Duff pinches the bridge of his nose, shaking his head. "I forgot to tell them the dates of the Troubadour gigs you got us."

"So you'll get us gigs, but you won't help us get a record deal?" Axl scoffs, glaring at me. "Makes perfect fucking sense."

I sigh, knowing that I wouldn't have been able to do this without Axl causing a problem. But he doesn't know the full story of what's happening, so I couldn't exactly blame him.

"Listen Axl, I know you have some warped vision about what I'm doing, and I know you have a hatred for me. But Axl, getting involved with my so-called father means relinquishing your freedom, because ninety-five percent of the time, he makes you change your music style and song lyrics. That's not what I want for you guys, and if you hate me for that, so be it," I grab the bag off of Duff's lap, reaching in and taking a burger from it. I hold it out to Axl, hoping he takes my peace offering. He takes it.

•••

"I'm here!" I exclaim, hopping over the bar at the Troubadour. Andrea rolls her eyes, smiling nonetheless. "Did you miss me?"

"It's been almost a month since I've seen you, chica," she laughs, serving a Big Hot Hooter to a biker chick sitting at the bar. "Short on cash?"

I nod, already starting to make the signature drinks for the band. "That, and I need to save up for something," I feel that it's best that I don't tell her that what I'm saving up for is to start renting a place for the band that's about to go on stage.

"So, what caused you to not show up for work for the past month?" She laughs, pulling some beers.

"Well, I've been managing Guns N' Roses kinda," I shrug as a look of shock spreads across her face. "And Brian kinda made me fuck him to get them all these gigs here, it was the worst experience of my life but I'll do whatever it takes to get them to the top."

Andrea's eyes widen as her jaw drops. "He did what!" She screams, causing the bar patrons to stare. "That fucking prick! No wonder he asked me to put Guns N' Roses on so many gigs!"

"Wait," I start, taking aback from her words. "You're in charge of the music acts?"

"Yeah, and my father's a useless fucking pig," her father? Brian Walters, Andrea Walters. Wow, I'm an idiot.

"That makes two of us," the crowd bursts into screams as the opening act takes the stage, some nobody LA band from some underground club somewhere. These people are just too damn happy to hear music.

"I'm gonna bring these to the guys," I yell over the music, lifting up the tray of drinks. "I'll be right back."

"Sure you will," the bartender yells back. "Don't do anything I wouldn't do!" It's rumored that Andrea has had sex with all of Van Halen, so what wouldn't she do?

I push through the people strewn into my path, climbing up the steps that lead me backstage. The security guard nods, stepping aside so I could enter the band's room.

I hear their laughter as I enter the room, the boys either casually strumming their guitars or drinking straight out of the bottles of alcohol. Actually, they're doing both.

"You'll never guess what I just found out," I exclaim, setting the drink tray onto the coffee table. "I fucked creepy Brian to get y'all these gigs and he's not even the one in charge of the music!"

"Andrea's in charge of the gigs," Slash laughs, setting his guitar down beside me. "Brian didn't tell you that?"

"No, but you could've!" I laugh, finding the misery in my situation amusing. "At least I've proven that I'll do anything to take you guys to the top.." I trail off, the opening act ending their first song and beginning another one.

"Speaking of which," I add, my eyes dropping to the carpet below me. "I may need a favor, you remember when I was arrested?" I take a moment to look around the room. Izzy is sitting on the couch, strumming to a riff I don't think I've heard.

"When you assaulted your father," at first, I feel as if Axl's mad again, but then I can see the faint smirk on his face.

"Yes. Well, Haley's brother bailed me out-" I start again, hoping none of them ask questions.

"Why did Haley's brother bail you out?" Damn Duff, I never can get anything I want.

"Because he's my step brother," before anybody could ask any more questions, I start up again. "And he said that unless I could get you guys to play at his frat party, he'll revoke my bail and send me back to jail. I know you really don't want to do a free gig, so I understand but-"

"We'll do it," normally, you can forget if Izzy is in the room because he's so damn quiet. But, I guess today is an exception. "You're managing us for free, we can play one gig for free. For you."

A/N: I have this bitch assistant manager that yells at me for literally EVERYTHING I do and bro I don't care if you're 60, treat me with some fucking respect. Lol I wanna quit but too broke