Ch. 6

The night was quiet and beautiful for Knuckles and Shadow. The two were at the canyon, watching the stars from above. Knuckles wrapped an arm around Shadow and said, "Isn't it just a wonderful evening??" Shadow said, "Yeah but' I cannot believe I'm saying this' but that wasn't nice of you to ask Sonic to make him eat that moldy chili dog for you at dinner." Knuckles shrugged it off and said, "Ehh he'll be fine." Shadow didn't want to admit it but he felt bad for Sonic cause he knew the cobalt hedgehog had a crush on Knuckles as much as Shadow does. He at first enjoyed Sonics humiliation but after what happened today he kinda felt bad. Although Knuckles wasn't his first love. His real love is Maria Robutnik. But she died a long time ago and Shadow had missed her since. Nobody could replace Maria, not even Knuckles himself. Then Shadow said to Knuckles, "Would you at least do something nice for him? You're his best friend after all." Knuckles sighed and asked, "Like what? Sonic can be such a show off sometimes. Besides he's not as amazing as you." Shadow was not too happy for him saying that before he said, "If you keep being mean to him chances are he will cut all ties with you and everyone. He maybe a disgrace but he has feelings you know." Knuckles shook his head and said, "Oh Shadow. Let's not worry about him right now. I even don't know what nice to thing to do for him." Shadow shook his head and said, "Then at least find something he actually wanted. We did see him eyeing that star pendant at the jewelry store. Try giving him that." Knuckles sighs and said, "I'll think about it. Right now let's just enjoy the moment." The two boys blushed and kissed each other. It wasn't long until they were making out under the moon. But it got cut short when Sonic sped to them and shouted, "Knux we got an emergency!!" Knuckles grunted and asked, "What now Sonic?! Can't you see I'm busy?!" Sonic said, "Knux this ain't the time!! Eggman's firebot caused a fire at the deadly equipment warehouse!" Knuckles rolled his eyes and said, "Alright fine we're on our way. Just stay out of our way after that." Sonic smiled and said as he sped away, "NO PROMISES!!" Once out of sight Knuckles and Shadow rushed to the location.

<later when they arrived>

The deadly equipment warehouse was in flames. The smoke was covering half of the entire sky. Once team Sonic and Shadow arrived they were shocked at how the warehouse was blazing. The warehouse owner said, "Oh team Sonic. Thank goodness your here. Some of the workers are still in there you gotta help them." Sonic replied, "We're on it! Come on team let's..." before he can finished they rushed inside as Sonic followed them. The fire was roaring and rising on the inside. The metal and deadly equipment were melting. Amy and Sticks sees some of the staff are under some burning wood and others are under burning metal and rubble. Without a moment to lose team Sonic had to get everyone out of the rubble, burning metal, and wood. Though some of the metal and burning wood fell on Sonic. As a result he got stuck. Sonic shouted as the last of the staff was free and flees the building, "Knuckles! Help me!!" But unfortunately Knuckles ran out and ignored Sonics cries. The metal started to overheat on the cobalt hedgehogs Sonics upper body, causing him to scream loud. The outside of the burning building Shadow asked Knuckles, "Where is Sonic?!" Knuckles replied, "He's fine." Sonic scream was heard. Shadow sees he's stuck underneath metal and burning wood. Shadow said to him, "Sonic! He's stuck! Help him." Knuckles replied as he tried to pull Shadow to safety, "He's fine let's go." Shadow pulled away from him and said, "I can't believe you call yourself a friend! If you care about him you could go back for him. If you can't save him then I will!!" Shadow sped back in to save Sonic as Knuckles shouted, "SHADOW WAIT!!"