Ch. 18

Once Knuckles arrived at the shack, he noticed the inside was covered in dust and spider webs. Knuckles looked around and said, "Geez Sonic really let this beach shack go. Either that or he hates dusting and cleaning spider webs almost as I do." He entered before seeing something that caught his eye. It was a pile of letters on the hammock. They were mostly the invitations Knuckles had kept sending. None of them were opened. Not even one invitation was opened. The hammock wasn't even slept on either. But what caught his attention more is that Sonics motorcycle (blue-force 1) wasn't at the shack. Knuckles then saw there was a bloody hand print on the table. That made Knuckles recalled what happened, the day he rejected Sonic, when Knuckles punched him the 12'th time 'it caused one of his spikes on his fists to stab him in the heart.' Knuckles shook and went down on his knees and said, "Oh no. D-did I kill him???" Knuckles was about to walk out but he stopped the moment he recalled about the fake corpse at the morgue and said, "No! it's not possible. The corpse was fake. I know Sonic is alive. I just know it!" He stepped outside and sat on the porch and said to himself while looking at the ocean, "Oh Sonic where are you? I'm very very sorry." He hugged his knees and cried in regret. Soon after he fell asleep on the porch. Knuckles had another dream where he was a mighty hero that saved the day and the village from Eggman. He sees the crowd of girls cheering but there was someone who wasn't cheering in the crowd. That someone was Sonic 'who had 8 scratch marks on his stomach and back, bruises on his arms and legs, a scar on his right eye, and is bleeding from both of his eyes. Knuckles gasped and push through the crowd of girls 'who are confused'. When Knuckles reached Sonic he asked, "Sonic what happened to you?" The blue hedgehog growled as blood poured down his eyes and said, "Isn't it obvious you heartless Knucklehead?! You didn't save me!! I screamed for help and you left me to die!! I'm only lucky I got out of there myself." Knuckles eyes widened in horror. Looking that this was his fault Sonic got hurt. Knuckles scooped the bloody hedgehog in his arms and said, "Hang in there my love I'll get you to the hospital." Sonic scoffed and said as he spat on his face with blood, "You saving me? Ha! You didn't bother saving me once. You left me under a pile of rubble!!!" It faded to black the moment Knuckles woke up with a gasp. Knuckles sighed and said, "Why?? Where is my Sonic?? Eggman is dead, no villain or anyone will take him away from me except for..." he gasped before he said with a angered tone, "Mark The Taper. I bet that obsessed parasite has Sonic again." Without a moment to loose he raced to the village to find that obsessed fan.