Ch. 45

Once they arrived in Knuckles room Sonic placed her on the bed. Sonic sat down beside her and said in a dull tone, "Your actually lighter than the last time I held you." Knuckles asked, "You mean like the time I got scared by the exploding berries when I jumped into your arms?" Sonic looked as her for 3 seconds but looked away and said, "Yeah." Knuckles frowned and said, "Y-you changed. It's cause of me I know." Sonic huffed and said, "No it's not just cause of you." Knuckles let out a 'huh?' in confusion as Sonic explained, "I couldn't take another humiliation from anyone on that island anymore. I'm tired of being a hero that nobody can appreciate." The room was silenced until Knuckles said softly, "I appreciated you. Even though I didn't say it or show it. I still do appreciate you though." Sonic sighed and said as he stood up, "Come on let's get you to the bath." Sonic grabbed her hand and she stood up. He led Knuckles to the bathroom and said, "Look it's best if I clean off your wounds a little or they'll get infected." Knuckles replied to him, "A few of them maybe." Sonic then said in a stern tone, "A few? You have more than 15 wounds still on your body. Even though half of them have healed." Knuckles was gonna protest but sighed in defeat. Knuckles asked Sonic, "Aren't you gonna stay with me?!" Sonic blushed widely and said, "Wh-What?! Whoa! Whoa! Whoa! Not gonna happen. Your a girl and I cannot stay in the bathroom while girls bathe." Knuckles sighed but chuckled from Sonic acting like a child. Knuckles protested, "Aww grow up Sonic. Don't be so modest. No one will know." Sonic rolled his eyes and said, "Fine but I am not getting in the bath with you. I may take a shower after that I clean your wounds." Knuckles got herself undressed but not before Sonic looked away with a red face and said, "Hey don't get undressed right in front of me." Knuckles looked at Sonic and rolled her eyes and said, "Uhhh you don't need to be embarrassed Sonic I was a guy after all." Sonic sighed and said, "True but I am guessing you don't wanna touch yourself." Knuckles simply said, "No I don't." Sonic deeply sighed before walking to her and turning on the warm water. Sonic took one look at the female red echidna and was blushing even more red than Knuckles red fur. Sonic felt like fainting but he looked away and said, "J-Just get in the bath." Knuckles did what she was told before she sat down.  Sonic had to use some bubbles cause he did not wanna see Knuckles feminine body. Though it didn't stop him from cleaning her wounds. They stung a little when Sonic started on the right arm. Sonic thought as he sees the scars and the wounds that still haven't healed on her arm, "I haft to admit. Her wounds are worst than I thought." Once she was finished cleaning her right arm he went on to the left arm and cleaned it. Sonic then said to Knuckles, "Your going to haft to stay in the tub while I take a shower." Knuckles replied, "Yeah considering the shower is in here too." Sonic looked at the shower next to the sink and sighed. Sonic then said to Knuckles, "Alright your back is next. Turn around." Knuckles turned around and revealed her bruised and whipped back. Sonic also noticed the scars on her back. Once the bath water reached the limit Sonic turned off the bath water before proceeding to clean Knuckles wounds on her back. It stung but Knuckles didn't complained about it. Though she let out a squeaking sound. Sonic then told her, "Look once I get out of the shower I'll bring you your clothes." Knuckles simply said, "U-Understood Sonic." The cobalt hedgehog finished cleaning every single part of Knuckles body and her wounds except certain places he did not wanna touch her. With that out of the way Sonic took his clothes off as Knuckles took one look at the blue hedgehog. She blushed almost as Sonic did earlier at what she saw. Sonics body had a little muscles in his arms and also some already healed scars he had battling Scourges army. She also noticed the scar he had when he got trapped under a pile of rubble on the night Shadow died. She looked away in guilt as Sonic entered the shower and turned on the warm water.