Ch. 37

When Knuckles came around he groaned. His groan sounded a bit higher than before. One of the two servants were 'his' sights. Noticing the straps were off. Knuckles stood up and what the red echidna saw made his eyes widened. In the mirror was him but he is longer a he. Knuckles was horrified at what she is seeing. Knuckles looked at herself and screamed. That caught the servant of Morbius attention as he laughed and Knuckles screamed at him, "YOU VIPEROUS AND AWFUL DEVILS!! WHAT DID YOU DO TO ME?!" She punched him in the face. The servant chuckled and said while on the floor, "Isn't it obvious love? We changed yas. Into a female. Yas a bit different than ever." He burst out laughing before Knuckles tried to get up but looked at the scars on her arms and her body. She noticed she was short and slim. With one ounce of strength left in her she stood up and ran. The servant was too busy laughing to react. That's when Knuckles stopped in her tracks and whispered, "Oh no. I-I can't let Sonic see me like this. I haft to hide my appearance." She noticed a dress and a cloak on a bench nearby before putting them both on and ran out. She huffed and breathed while running away in fright. The hood on her head was only only to cover her eyes. She heavily breathed at the moment she hid behind a tree. She thought when took a peek behind the tree, "Oh those rats turned me into a woman. A weak, scrawny, frightened woman." Thats when she heard a familiar female voice, "I warned you to be on your guard yet I knew you wouldn't." She turned to see Shyla. Knuckles then said, "I am so sorry. Now I know what you meant when you said 'I'll never be the same'. I guess there's no way to win Sonics heart." She hung her head in shame. Shyla giggled before she said, "I never said that. Even though in your current state. Your still going to win his heart." Knuckles looked up to her and said, "Really?" Shyla nodded before Shyla continued, "Listen the blue prince is fighting for his life right now. But he is going to be killed unless you save him." Knuckles gasped before she said with determination, "Well I won't let that happen. I lost Shadow. I'm not gonna loose Sonic too. I will not give up. Whether Sonic likes it or not." Without hesitation Knuckles ran off to where Sonic is.

<meanwhile>

Sonic was fighting about 8 or maybe even 13 of morbius's soldiers. Though Sonic was tough but he was aware of one thing. He cannot take them all at once. Sonic said as he kept fighting them with his sword while getting slashed, "Ugh! There's too many of them. I can't take them all!" He took down 10/13 and only three slashed him down. Sonic slashed one of them as he collapsed on the ground in his knees. He heavily breathed and said, "At least. *pants* I'll die in honor." Two of the morbius army men chuckled as one said, "The king will be pleased by taking off your head and show it to him as a trophy." Before one of them can slash him, one of the army men was slashed in half. The second soldier was about cut off Sonics head but was stabbed in the back. Sonics eyes were closed but realized something. He said to himself, "I-I'm still alive? How?!" He looked up to see it was just Knuckles in a cloak. Sonic muttered flatly, "I shoulda known." Knuckles looked underneath his hood and muttered, "I made it. But he's hurt real bad. I gotta get him back to the palace." Knuckles walked to him as Sonic glared at him with a painful look. He said, "No! Get away from me you idiot! I told you I don't wanna see your heartless face again!" Knuckles ignored him before Sonic could protest or do anything Knuckles kneeled down and placed his arm around her and wrapped an arm around his back. Sonic angrily said, "I t-thought I-I told you to..." he trailed off as he sees his former friend trying to lift him up. Sonics expression turn to curious as Knuckles slowly got Sonic up even though it was hard. Sonic thought as Knuckles slowly walked him back to the palace, "What the heck? Did Knuckles just have a hard time lifting me up?" Knuckles groaned while walking to the palace with Sonic in her arms. The blue hedgehog was furious at him but at the same moment he strangely was grateful for the save. Sonic thought as he noticed something strange about the red echidna, "Thats strange Knuckles body feels so skinny." Knuckles thought to herself, "I-I hope Sonic doesn't notice my current state. I don't wanna imagine if he found out." Sonic looked at her arm and saw it was slim and thought as they were almost there, "I don't remember Knuckles being this skinny. Nor do I remember him being shorter than me either. Somethings not right..."