Ch. 51

A/N: I hope you find this romantic cause this chapter involves a song called: I love you too much by Diego Luna. Enjoy.

Both Sonic and Knuckles returned home. Alive and alright. It was the first time in over a year they fought the enemy together as a team. Even if it was the two of them. During those two weeks, Sonic and Knuckles started fighting the kingdom of Morbius together. Sonic or Knuckles never thought it would happen until that day. But it was also the same day they realized how deep their love for each other really is. This night was real nice yet Knuckles was on the balcony. She felt sad for some reason. Tomorrow is Sonics coronation and Knuckles should be happy for him. But she felt sad for some reason. She was finally reaching her goal for Sonic to be hers but what will happen if he becomes king? Will she return to Angel Island? That's when she looked at the present on the table next to the door of the balcony. Only to find, it was the present for Knuckles. A red one. Knuckles looked at it and said, "Sonic... Did he..?"

Meanwhile:

Sonic was in the hallway near Knuckles bedroom. He sighed and said, "I still think she wouldn't like th..." he trailed off as he looked at the present. He looked to see that the present he had was his. It was the one Knuckles wanted to give him. Sonic said as he looked at it, "Did Knuckles give me a present? We must've grabbed each others present. Might as well see what it is." When Sonic opened it slowly, he gasped in surprised and he couldn't believe his emerald green eyes. It was the moon pendant that Sonic wanted to get. Sonic looked at it and said as he went down on his knees, "It's the moon pendant I wanted." He started to cry a little and said, "She must've gotten it for me as an apology gift." Thats when he saw a note in the box as he red quietly:

To my dear Sonic:

Believe it or not Shadow taught me to read and write. But this isn't about him. It's about you. I know I said some things I constantly regret now. But most of the things... No all of the things I said about you. I never actually meant them. To tell you the truth I actually did love you. I honestly thought my love was for Shadow at first but I never knew who I was in love with until you were gone. I know you wouldn't forgive me after I hurt you physically and mentally. But I truly do have my reasons for loving someone as nice and slightly carefree as you. You are a real good hero despite of your mistakes, you never hesitate to helping people in need, you really do let us work as a team sometimes, if anything your mysterious blue beauty always shines underneath the light of the moon at night, I remember you telling me that I am actually smarter than you gave me credit for 'even though I have the brain of a small bird' but I'm actually counting that as you giving me credit, and you really are something and everything that a boy like me can find in a beautiful blue boy like you. who am I to judge someone as nicely beautiful as you? Ever since your absence. I have been missing you so much Sonic The Hedgehog. I have so much guilt for rejecting you and hurting you. I felt like an idiot blaming you. My thought of you was the reason for Eggman's defeat. I want you to know that I love you and I do anything for you. I will give up my whole strength to make up for all I have done. I would do a lot to make your dreams and wishes come true. I will even give up my life for you. It was a mistake to end our friendship. I wanted to be more than a friend to you. I bought this pendant cause I saw you looking at it and I knew you wanted it. I at first thought you were eyeing on the star pendant. I hope you find it in your heart to forgive me and if I give you this pendant, you may love me again. I love you and I hope you forgive me my blue and beautiful prince.

From the person who shoulda loved you: Knuckles.

By the time Sonic finished reading, he was in more tears while his hands were shaking. Sonic sniffed and said, "Oh Nakuru." Sonic then said as he sighed with a little smile, "Your handwriting sucks. But I forgive you for everything." Sonic then put the moon around his neck and went out to the other balcony nearby Knuckles room. Once outside he started to sing:

Sonic: I love you too much. To live without you. loving me back. I love you too much. Heaven's my witness and this is a fact. I know I belong. When I sing this song. There's love above love and it's ours.
'Cause I love you too much.

Knuckles: *listened to Sonic singing as she leaned on the rails of the balcony and started singing too* I live for your touch. I whisper your name night after night. I love you too much. There's only one feeling and I know is right. I know I belong. When I sing this song. There's love above love and it's ours.
'Cause I love you too much.

Sonic: Heaven knows your name I've been praying.
To have you come here by my side.

Knuckles: Without you a part of me is missing.
Just to make you my own, I will fight.

Both Sonic and Knuckles: I know I belong. When I sing this song. There's love above love and it's ours.
'Cause I love you too much. I love you too much.
I love you too much. Heaven's my witness and this is a fact. You live in my soul. Your heart is my goal.
There's love above love and it's mine 'cause I love you. There's love above love and it's yours cause I love you. There's love above love and it's ours if you love me as much.

They stopped singing as Sonic went back in. Knuckles watched him and said as she looked at the moon, "Oh Sonic. I love you."

Meanwhile:

Sonic went back into his room as Jules entered and said, "You nervous son?" Sonic nodded and said, "Yeah. But I vowed to be a good king when it's my time. I still have no regrets leaving the island forever." Jules sighed and said, "Son once your ruling the kingdom your mother and I will retire and help out your brother." Sonic without hesitation said, "I understand completely. Will you be at my coronation?" Jules nodded and said, "Yes. Your mother and I will leave once your coronation ball is done. It will be difficult to rule the kingdom alone." Sonic smiled a little as he turn to his father. He then said as he placed a small box down, "True but I didn't say I'll be ruling the kingdom alone." Jules knew right away what the box contained as he smiled. He then said, "See you in the morning son." He then walked out and close the door. Jules looked at his wife and said, "Nice job dear." Aleena kissed her husband and said, "We did a good job Jules. Your plan worked." Jules replied as they went to bed, "Yeah. But it's not over yet. Let's see for ourselves when tomorrow comes."