15

"I want to murder Mr Langsley. Is it possible to pull it off here? Like I'm seriously considering it," Samaira rants.

"I actually thought that eleven was less than ten," I said out of nowhere, horrified at my stupidity during my business tutorial earlier today.

"Dude, are you not listening to me?" she snaps, and I rolled my eyes. 

"Yes, you can murder him, but no, you can't get away with it," I replied. 

"Urgh. So annoying," she sighed. 

"It's been two weeks since I ate a vegetable," I began, amused and worried about my health. During and after the exam season, I skipped the salads that I was so fond of and replaced them with granola bars, chips and hummus, and maybe a couple of blueberry pop tarts. 

"I have. Well, does the one sad little piece of lettuce in my Mcdonald's chicken burger count? If it does, then I totally have," she responded smugly. I lightly swat her away, and she laughs. 

"Oh yeah, oh yeah I completely forgot to tell you!!" Sam screamed in excitement, and I shushed her. A couple of others in the vicinity stared at us, and I felt self-conscious. 

Sam didn't care. 

"I heard a spicy rumour that Damien Roberts, aka the Hottie is actually in a relationship with a cougar to make extra money," she chattered excitedly. 

"That's so not true. It is really wacky," I reasoned. 

" Still, it's entertaining, okay? Let a bitch have her fun," she huffed. 

"At least we have memes to dull the pain of our existence," I offered, and we both giggled. 

This was what I had so desperately wanted in high school, and now that I finally have someone who I can laugh about dumb stuff with, I feel much lighter than I had been in days. 

"You know, we are in adult limbo, if you think about it," she continued.

"What do you mean?"

"Cause we're still eighteen, and we are somewhat like adults but still like a teenager, you know?"

" We are teenagers. Eighteen, the teen is there," 

"You know what I mean," 

"I don't" 

"Whatever," 

We began laughing again, and this time I didn't care when people glared or stated at us again for being noisy. 

We decided to go for a stroll at the newly renovated gardens at the first floor, located near the administrative office. 

It was very neat and put-together. The Hibiscus flower trees were pretty, but there was an abundance of big black ants and other insects. 

That freaked me out internally and Sam freaked out externally, cursing and screaming at a small spider that had jumped on the front of her sneaker.

We ended up going to Starbucks, and I ordered Java Chip while she bought a chocolate muffin and a hot chocolate.

We were definitely living above our means as broke university students, but we couldn't bring ourselves to give a damn about it at this point. 

After all, a life not lived to the fullest is not a life well lived at all, or something like that. 

After that, we decided to go rogue by going shopping for snacks at the dollar store, Walmart and Target. We had already spent quite a bit of money on food already, and it's not like we were spending it on booze and drugs.