R backstory

"What do you want for your birthday sweetie?" it was almost Jieun's 6th birthday.
(Jieun is 6 and born in 2013 so it should be 2019 december....)

"I want you to be here and Appa to be here!" by appa she meant Minho, her actual father is unknown to the little girl. She grew up thinking that Minho was her father as he is always there and he is her father figure.
(... that's cute)

"I'll call him and see if he's busy or not, okay?" Ever since Minho debuted in Stray Kids, he had became really busy but he still would come over and spend time with Jieun.
(i'm pretty sure being a trainee was also very busy but oh well.)
(now that i think of it, how did Jieun's mum and Minho meet)

"Omma! There's someone knocking on the door!" The girl informed her mother. Her mother walked up to the door and peeked through the peeking hole, she was terrified.
(hmmmm eh. i think i could've explained Jieun's mum and Minho's relationship and all that stuff)

The little girl was confused at her mother's actions, her mother shoved her in the secret room they had and told her to call the police. "why call the police?"
(me trying to not add dialogue. as my english teacher would say "show not tell")
(Jieun must've been so freaked out)

"Call the police and tell them that someone is at our house holding a knife" Once her mother said that the door flew open and a male with a knife came into the house.
(...did no one else walking by see a random dude with a knife and called the police?)
(the timing is too staged)

"Kim Aera, where are you? You can hide but you can't run" That voice would forever be stuck in Jieun's head.
(lmao i wrote that and then forgot all about it. i honestly forgot that Jieun had gone through this)
(another random name i used)

As soon as Jieun came to her senses her mother was already out of the room. She did what she was instructed and called the police.
(aww Aera is sacrificing herself to save her daughter)

"Hello police? Someone broke into the house and he's carrying a knife. Oh no. Omma is screaming, no no no. He is coming for me. My address is ******* Please send help quick!"
(... do 6 year olds know what even is their house address?)

The policed arrived but to their horror Jieun was already found. She had bruises from getting beaten by the ex and was getting strangled by him. Both her and her mother was quickly rushed to the hospital.
(this doesn't make sense... also i forgot again about the trauma Jieun should've had...)

──────⊹⊱✫⊰⊹──────

At JYPE dance practice room
(wow a location)

"Good job everyone! We'll continue tomorrow" Stray Kids was preparing for their comeback Clé : Levanter.
(Either Chan or their manager or idk who said this)
(this means it's like a month till Jieun's bday??)

"Minho, someone is calling you" Minho's manager passed him his phone.
(how nice of the manager)

"Hello, this is *** hospital. Am i speaking with Lee Minho?"
(when you don't want to make up hospital names)

"Yes I am Minho, what seems to be the problem?"

"Kim Aera has sadly passed away, her daughter is currently unconscious. You were their emergency contact, we'll need you to come to the hospital as quick as possible."
(how straight forward. do hospitals call like this?)

"Yes I'll be there soon." Minho quickly grabbed his bag, told his manager and got permission to go. The members weren't told anything and they were confused.
(honestly this all doesn't make sense to me now)

"Where did Minho go?" Chan asked his manager.
(what a short paragraph without the povs of the other members)

"He'll explain to you when he comes back"
(woooowwww....)
──────⊹⊱✫⊰⊹──────

At the hospital
(location again i guess)

"Are you Lee Minho?" The nurse asked and Minho nodded
(too short a paragraph. should've got some of minho's thoughts)

"We'll need you to answer questions from the police first" Minho was led to two officers.
(this just doesn't make sense at all)

"Do you know who he is?" The police officer asked showing Minho a picture.
(....)

"That's Aera noona's ex, he murdered her boyfriend and tried to murder her as well but she ran away." The police nodded and left with everything they needed.
(... wtf? how was that everything the police needed.)

"Kang Jieun is in there, she is asleep at the moment" the nurse informed Minho.
(sleeping??? i'm pretty sure she had fainted from suffocation)

A short while after a social worker came, "Is Kang Jieun awake?" Minho shook his head at the question.
(this is bad... in terms of everything)

"Is it possible if i adopt her?" Minho's question made the social worker shocked.
(that's so random and shouldn't Jieun have like grandparents or aunts/uncles that could've took her in)

"Yes it is, you'll just need to fill up some papers. This will save alot of trouble but is it fine with your company?" The social worker asked, she knew about Stray Kids.
(... how would that save a lot of trouble. i'm pretty sure some qualifications are needed from the person adopting)

"I'll ask tomorrow"
(better ask for forgiveness than permission)

߬
✎ edited 25/06/2021
✎ Jieun took the last name of her bio dad but then it would be later changed to Minho's last name.
(i feel like Jieun should've kept her last name)
✎ I also don't know how adoption works so.... (i still don't)