【6】

Chapter 6

It had become a routine for Kohana. She would wake up and drink her morning coffee and eat whatever food Saki force-feed her. Then she would read for a while and work on a few things. After, she would make herself ready and make her way to the main house of the Sohma family. 

Her sister and their shared friends worked a little at school, even thought they had holidays. Soon, however, school would start and Kohana would get into a new routine.

Kohana knew most of the people at the main house. The maids were not really nice, and she stayed away from them most of the time. Hatori was her favorite, and not only because he made amazing coffee. He would give her tips for how to deal with Akito, and sometimes they would have a few small talks.

Now that I mentioned the devil, her and Kohana's relationship was a little weird. You can't really call them strangers, but friends was also too much. Acquainted, yes, that would fit. Kohana and Akito did a lot of things, and cooking was one of them. A good thing is that Kohana is not scared that there is going to be a finger in the food when she cooks with Akito.

Yet, Kohana is not getting forward to finding a way how to break the curse. Akito was not really an open person and if she talks about something personal it was really short. 

Now back to the story. Kohana had a free day because Akito had something important to do that day.  She would have had spent the day with a lot of reading and working, but Sakuta dragged her out. 

She and Sakuta knew each other since they were younger and had a very special bond. That however is a story for another time. They both made their way into the city to buy a present for his girlfriend. Her birthday was in a month and Kohana really didn't understand for one why he wanted to buy it this early and secondly why she needed to come with him. 

'' Koha-chan what do you think is better.'' he said pointing at two ugly keychains. She only gave Sakuta a deadpanned look and walked away to the next shop.  

'' was that a yes or no?'' he asked, and she rolled her eyes.

'' Sakuta she would break up with you if you gave her that.'' he let a tired sigh out and walked with her. Then he saw something at the corner of his eyes. He nodded to himself and opened his mouth.

'' this shop seems promising.'' he said, pointing at a lingerie store. 

'' I'm really surprised that she's still together with you.'' he only gave her an offended look. Before they could talk more, Kohana's phone began to ring.

'Hello?' Kohana asked the other line.

'Kohana! Come right now!' an angry Akito said on the other line.