【9】

Chapter 9

*a few weeks ago*

Akito was again in one of her moods and didn't want to do anything and held a box the whole time Kohana was there. Kohana who was trying to find out what is going on with Akito who was looking blankly at her book. Akito soon began to talk.

'' do you know what day it is today?'' Kohana looked at her a little confused.

'' we have Thursday?'' she sounded a little unsure and Akito laughed.

'' it's my father's death date.''

*present*

they were both sitting in silence and reading their books and drinking tea. It was the calm before the storm. The door was soon opened loudly and Kohana looked at the door a little startled. Akito had a blank look on her face.

''Hatsuharu, you can't just walk inside here!'' an older maid said.

'' Shut your mouth. Go away, you old hag.'' the older woman looked shocked and was about to start complaining about it, but Akito stopped her.

'' its alright. It seems like Hatsuharu wants to tell me something important.'' Akito said amused and Kohana stayed silent. The maid left a little unhappy after that.

'' so why are yo-'' Akito was cut off by Haru ''why did you push Rin down the balcony?'' Kohana looked at them shocked and with widen eyes.

''why did you do it?'' Akito looked at him coldly.

''what are you talking about? Me? Isuzu? This is new to me. Who told you that?'' she was serious and Kohana looked at both of them worried.

'' the sky told me it.'' Akito looked at him amused ''the sky? You really didn't change. You stupid boy-'' she was cut off by Haru.

'' stop laughing... why did you do it? Did you try to kill her?'' he looked at her angry. 

'' you believe the sky but not god? And why are you even angry about Isuzu? Only because of Isuzu... you were always kind to her. Did you do it out of pity?'' Haru snapped and punched the wall next to him.

'' It's because I love her! And you knew it all this time! So don't try to act all innocent! Where is she? You know where he is.'' Akito looked at him with disgust.

''stupid. Why would you think that?'' she had her back now turned to him.

'' you were always cold to her. Also, to other woman and would do and say horrible things to them. If you want to be god, then be-'' Akito cut him off.

'' even when you knew, you told me it right into my face that you love her? Even thought you knew that I hated her?'' she gave him a cold look.

'' where is she? Where is Rin?'' Akito turned away.

'' you are annoying. I don't know where she is.''

'' where did you bring her?'' he said, holding Akito's shoulder tightly. Akito only denied everything.

'' she is at the hospital.'' a familiar voice said. Kohana saw Kureno at the door and looked a little relived.

'' Hatori brought her there.'' he told Haru about her condition.

'' Akito you can't do something like that. No matter who you are, there are some things that are just not right.'' he held her cheek and looked into her eyes.

'' where was she?'' the answer he got made him angry. He heard Akito complain and only shook a little. Kohana stood up and tried to comfort him, but he didn't spare her a glance.

'' I had enough of this! Enough of your lies! Who is horrible?! Did you try to kill her again?!'' Kureno tried to stop them when he saw Haru grabbing Akito's collar.

'' what if I did?! Didn't you choose her right now? That is your fault.'' he slammed her against the wall and punched it over her head. Tears were falling down his eyes when he remembered some things. He then walked out and Akito called after him. He dismissed her and made his way outside.

When he was about to walk back inside, Kureno stopped him and told him to go. He left. Kohana and the two Sohma's were the only people left inside the room. Akito was having a breakdown, but Kohana didn't allow herself to feel pity for Akito.

When Akito stopped talking, she asked Kureno to leave them alone. He nodded and closed the door. She stood up and sat in front of Akito who was holding her head.

'' Kohana why is everyone just so horrible! They are all betraying me! Why cannot they be like you and just accept it all.'' Akito said, and Kohana looked at her blankly. 

'' Kohana why are you looking at me like that? This is not my fault-''Kohana stopped her before she could say more.

'' not your fault? Akito all this time I was with you and tried to help you, but it was all a waste of time.'' Akito looked at her shocked.

'' what are you saying?'' Kohana looked at her blankly and stood up.

'' I was feeling horrible at first, but now I don't feel anything. All this time I was with you didn't change a thing, and you still are the same horrible and selfish person as the day I met you. Pushing down a girl from the balcony and then looking her up inside some chamber? Akito you and I are the only horrible people.'' Akito looked at her shocked.

'' what are you saying Kohana? You really believe what that stupid boy says? You and I are not horrible the others are!'' Kohana let a sad chuckle out and tears were at the corner of her eyes.

'' why is everyone these days saying I'm not a horrible person. Akito would you still think the same when I tell you the truth. The last five months were the worst of my life. I only used you to find a way to break the curse, but it seems like I failed... See Akito we both are a horrible people, but the only difference is that I don't try to deny it.'' tears were falling from Akito's eyes.

'' NO, THAT'S NOT TRUE! You told me that we were friends! Were you lying?'' Kohana let her tears fall down freely. She felt disgusted with herself. All this time she was enjoying herself and another person meanwhile was getting hurt. She really was disgusting.

'' who knows, but even if it was true... Akito this is going to be the last time that we see each other.'' with that she walked out and Akito looked at her with widen eyes.

'' KOHANA! COME BACK, YOU CAN'T JUST LEAVE! DON'T LEAVE ME!!!'' Kohana ignored her and cried. She walked out of the main house and didn't look back. When she arrived home, Saki didn't ask any questions and let her cry.