Chapter 24

(2 weeks later)

Emery’s P.O.V. :* You love me! ;) 

“Yo, Emery,” I hear Cedes voice but chose to ignore it as I crawl deeper into my warm blankets. “Emeryyyy,” she sings. Then, the bed’s shaking. “EMERY GET YOUR LAZY ASS OUT OF BED!” she yells and I groan, finally opening my eyes. 

“What?” I snap. “do you possibly need?” I complain as I turn around and sit up in my bed. 

Cedes stops jumping on my bed and grins. “It’s a snow day and you know what snow days are for?” she exclaims. 

“Sleeping in?”  

Cedes sits down on my bed and smacks me. “No! Every year the guys and Silver come over my house and we play in my backyard. We make snow tunnels, ramps, forts, sledding, and dude its always epic. So hurry up and stuff yourself with warm attire because we’re going to be out there in the snow all day. Hurry up! Everyone will be here in an hour!” Cedes hollers as she jumps off my bed and slams my door shut. I groan and look at the clock, 7:30. After sitting in my bed and trying to wake up, I get out of my bed, turn on the light, and start packing myself with warm attire. 

I have a feeling this day is going to be something…..

*

Everyone bursts into laughter when Cedes face plants into the snow. She rolls over and puts up her thumb. 

“I’m good guys, thanks!” 

Cade kicks snow in her face. “You’re the idiot who cant walk in snow,” he hollers down to her as he continues walking up the hill in Cedes backyard. 

“Hey! There’s like three feet of snow!” Cedes complains as she tries to get up, Chance gives her a hand. 

It was true there was at least 3 feet of snow, we got packed. But since there was a huge hill in Cedes backyard it was nearly 4 to 4 and a half feet of snow, it was epic. I was new to the CCCMNRS snow day ritual thing they do every year, so I was just kind of going along with everyone else. Apparently at first we just have to climb up the master hill then we go sledding down it, then we make it more challenging and build ramps going down the hill. I for one was looking forward to it. 

“Now that Emery’s here I say we make it the CCCEMNRS snow day!” Silver tells everyone. 

“Yeah!” Cedes agrees and I chuckle when she stumbles a little bit but then her foot brakes some snow and her foot is stuck. “Oh come on!” she cries out. “I swear if anyone saw me walking in snow they would think I was mentally retarded!” she screams as she tries to get her foot out of the snow. 

“You wouldn’t survive in Alaska!” Cade yells down. Cedes just gives him the finger. I walk over to Cedes and help her out of the snow, she sighs and starts walking back up the hill. I chuckle and shake my head and finally we’re all up the hill. 

“Alright, alright before anyone goes down the hill we have to welcome Emery to our CCCEMNRS snow day. He’s part of our family now and we have to welcome him,” Matt explains with a smirk. I raise an eyebrow at him but then I’m pushed down the hill, I slid down the hill but get snow all over my face. 

“Dicks!” I yell as I turn around so I’m laying in the snow on my back, instead of my face. 

“Hey! Last year we pants Silver and threw her down the hill!” Noah yells down the hill, Silver nods. I shake my head but climb back up the steep hill. Everyone starts sledding down, but Cedes tries to stand up on her sled. She goes down ass first and plummets down the hill. I burst into laughter.