4 Captured Bear Hugs

I didn't think much of the situation other than his bear arms wrapping around me pulling me into a comforting hug. Our skin's buzz together in a warm way, a way I haven't felt in so long that it almost sends me into a frenzy by itself. He cradles me while I cry into his shirt. My body shakes against his. My fingers wrap tightly into his shirt pulling him even closer. The scent he has is absolutely wonderful and works well to calm the raging inferno I have within, "I'm sorry, Theodore."

"What are you apologizing for, Eos?" He pulls away from me when I'm calm enough. I note his nostrils flaring, a solid gold ring around his normal green. He looks distraught sitting next to me, "You never have to apologize for being sad."

"I just wanted creamer. And I couldn't do it, I puke it all up." Why do I feel so comfortable sharing this with him? I should be asking more questions. I should have five thousand things to say to him. Last we met I was begging for him to let me go so I wouldn't be killed. I bet that left a memorable experience on his mind, "I just want to feel... normal."

"You remember the last time we saw each other?" He smiles, but it's forced.

"Yes. I should apologize..."

"No." He scolds with a frown, but corrects himself bring back his more positive energy, "When you walked away, I saw this broken woman correct her entire demeanor. I couldn't believe the strength you had. You just... handled it ready to take it on headfirst. Knowing the few moments, I've spent with you I know that you'll be able to handle it. No one can fix you, but yourself and own determination to want change, but others help along the way. I'll help along the way." He scratches the back of his neck in an awkward silence, "But do you need to talk about it?"

"I'd much rather talk about why you're shirtless in my back forest." I laugh. His essence brings my energy up. I appreciate this.

"I work in the village." He shrugs, "And I monitor the grounds to make sure everyone stays safe. While our land is beautiful it can be dangerous. Especially you, Eos. I -we- must make sure that you stay safe." His voice is gruff, something going unsaid. He scoots away from me with another deep breath. The rejection hurts and I can't pinpoint why. His eyes say the same thing. He wants to be close, but I've run him off with my pity party.

"You were with Mr. King and Slate then? When you were in America and absolutely ruined my strawberry donut." I place my hand on his shoulder, a zap of energy breaking over my hand. I pull it back looking at the palm. Theodore peers over and gives a smile but doesn't comment.

"Yes. I was. I was in the market looking for flowers for Mrs. Slate. She had a particularly long day." His chest is beautiful. Dark markings cover his front and back, none making any particular shape. His body is well tuned for damage rippling muscles that flex with any move he makes. If I wasn't trying to build the small amount of dignity I have left, I would be drooling down my front. His eyes catch me studying him. I turn red in the face at my obvious gawk. Some part of me knows I should be ashamed to stare so openly right after leaving a relationship that was horrible, however another part of me calls for him, begs me to make a move. What is going on with me?

"That's very kind of you. It's very generous of Mr. King to let me stay here. The home is beautiful." I look back at the cabin. Theodore chuckles to himself.

"I'm glad you like it. This cabin dates to the start of the village when we first took the land from a tyrant. It's older than the older member. However, with obvious modernizations we have been able to keep it more than comfortable for... well for anyone that needs to stay there."