15 Profess The Heart

The whole cabin heard me. Every single one of them look upon me in pure pity. I didn't want. Chasity tried to hug me, but in my pure embarrassment I shrugged her off and attempted to act as though nothing happened. Of course, something happened. I just went into one of the worst breaks I've had in a while. Normally I get to cry myself to sleep, lay there in my own piss and blood until I come too, but now they know. They know the demons and how they affect me. The real grip they have around my throat. I shouldn't be pushing them away; I shouldn't be so horrible to them. But my brain won't let me respond any differently. The panther therapist calls this a negative response. Anytime this happened they wanted me to call them and inform them of the severity. I never called. Maybe I should have.

Theo looks around seeing the sad eyes of everyone, then my more that discomfortable face, "Everyone. Eos doesn't need this response. We all should be smiling and trying to find some positives right now. We have ten minutes till flight land, and the village wants a meeting."

The whole village? I know that there are quite a few bears, but to see everyone together is going to be quite the gathering. My body is still held tightly against Theo's, the bandages were older, so they aren't being as strong as they need to. He fears I'll need stiches. I wasn't released until Theo lifted the seat and strapped me in checking over the buckles twice. Hunter did the same for Chasity, as no other male dared to go near her when she asked. Slate gave us all a nod walking back into the pilot quarters.

"Will we be heading straight for the meeting?" I lean over to Theo who's placed himself next to me with a firm grip on my hand.

"No. Your wound is more important to tend to. Slate and Mr. Feltner will handing the initial proceedings while we have a long discussion. Hunter is going to take notes for us so we can catch up later with Chasity. Of course, if that's alright miss?" His voice is stern, no room for argument. I know he means the absolute best; it still puts a girl at an un-ease. He gives a tight smile to Chas who nods her head quickly in return, "Thank you very much for understanding."

Slate goes through the landing procedure, then gives some tips for safety. None of the bears seem to be paying mind, Theo scrolling over his emails that continue to populate. I watch the little blue dots pop up at the top, then disappear as he responds with a solid, to-the-point, answer. It's different to watch him work, especially when he comes off as a blunt know it all in the emails, "You seem to have a lot of emails."

"Most of my employees prefer to speak with me directly." He mumbles, "And while I love them all like family it proves difficult to handle some days."

"You know... photography doesn't take up too much time. If you need me to, I can learn some secretarial things? Help you manage some of the document and email workload?" The offer seems simple enough. I get to spend my days with him and work, he gets to have an easier day and focus on things that are important. Theo's golden eyes lift from the screen mid-email.

"You mean that? You'd be willing to help this old bear? I wouldn't mind having your beautiful face around the office." He compliments. A real smile breaks over his face. I return the same.

"Yeah... I mean it. Especially if I can convince you to eat breakfast at your mom's diner here and there! Those pancakes were to die for!" Theo lets out a hearty laugh that shakes the seats between us. Without thought he leans over pecking my forehead with a gentle kiss. No matter how gross me look right now, and possibly feel, he still brightens up the room with his happiness. No one can smile like Theo.

"Then after all this is over, we'll get you at the desk. I'm sure the village would love to have you around too. Slate would be easier to handle, and my mother would be more and then happy to make you pancakes any time you want." I swore that we heard a light roar from the front cabin, but none commented on the intrusion, "She's missing you. By the way. My father is itching to meet you, but I informed them of the matters at hand and understand that a formal greeting will have to wait."