5 Library of Truth

* A playlist Spotify has been created for this novel. I rock out to music to convey emotion, check it out in my bio if you would like! (Content Warning: Explicit Music) *

            This morning waking up wasn't difficult. Starting my third day in the village was more optimistic than the last. I even found the confidence to eat a slice of toast with my yogurt. Theo messaged me that he'd here around ten giving me more than enough time to dance in my underwear and take a long shower. My dressings don't need to be replaced, everything well scaped over. Maybe today would be a good day to let them breath.   In my short time I've really grown fond of the cabin and all that it offers. I check my phone to see about an hour until he'll be here. That's enough time to be nosey.

            "What shall I do with the random confidence?" I mumble to myself tapping my chin. The library sings to me from the other room. My body moves before my mind. I find myself racking my fingers down the books, some in a language I don't recognize. Most are on the history of bears, a couple on shifters. Werewolf and a couple others fill the shelves as well. I go to grab one of them finding a bear shifter book in a leather-bound cover. The chairs look so inviting so I settle myself in and pull the blanket that was laying over the back of the chair over my lap.

                        'Bear Shifters. Volume XV. Their history is complex and dates to the early days of documentation. From what is understood, they originated from rival witch clans. Each of the clans developed and turned their own shifters for the war that followed soon after. Bear shifters were ranked the strongest, followed by the wolves. The wolves and bears are direct rivals. Other shifters born from the witches include panthers and dragons. Dragons were killed out first, only a few remaining as they were deemed the weakest, during their shift the witches lacked the final component and removed their ability to be bigger than a common elk.'

            "What's your book of choice?" His voice pulls me from the enchanting pages. I pop my head up to see Theo leaning against the doorway, arms cross across his chest and ankles one over the other. I could eat you. His v neck tee and jeans, cowboy boots tucked under the denim is a sight I didn't know I needed to be blessed with.

            I snap the book closed giving him a sheepish smile, "It's a book about bear shifters. Surprising that it's in the library." He laughs pushing himself off the doorway to walk towards me. He seems more relaxed this morning then he did last night.

            "Yes, surprising. Are you ready to go?" He holds his hand out for the book that I drop in his hand. He knows right where to put it placing it nicely back in the missing spot. Interesting.

            "How'd you know I was in here?"

            "The sound of comfort and confusion could be heard from the front door. I was thinking pancakes?" He squats in front of me placing his hands on the chair arms. His hands engulf the blue fabric. I find my feet untucking themselves from under me to sit properly in front of him. Theo traces his eyes over me. My hips squirm under the gaze.

            "I'm ready. Will Slate be joining us to take the heli?"

            Theo laughs once more. I find myself enjoy his laugh and smile. I want more of it, all the time, "Darling, I taught Slate to fly. Do you trust me?" He stands up holding out his hand. I wrap my fingers through his with a large grin.

            "I do." And it's the truest statement I've made in a while. While I don't know Theodore King well, I know that he has helped me feel safe and wanted. Trust isn't something I expected to give anyone, but him. He could have everything. How can I feel like this? Why do I feel like this?