Chap | 002

・────── ・❁ ・──────・

・────── ・❁ ・──────・

        I stand behind the counter of the coffee shop. My eyes gaze around at the customers as I begin to pack a few slices of chocolate cake for the tanned man standing on the other side of the counter.

        The box in front of me is square and coloured in a pale pink colour. I place all four pieces of the rich, brown, chocolate cake inside the box, and I close it. I set down the box in front of the man, and he gives me a nod before taking it and leaving with a quick "merci."

        I look to the male beside me; Étienne. He glances my way and smiles before looking back at the cash register and taking out some change to give to the customer before him.

        The waiter, Louise, comes over to me. His dark curls fall over his eyes, and he brushes them away. He passes me a small sheet of paper with the orders written down before taking the orders I had already prepared and serving them to the customers seated around the place.

        She still has not come.

        I begin to work on the orders, still making sure to look up at the doors of the coffee shop whenever its bells ding.

        I want to see her.

        I finish one order. I place it on the counter. I look at André, who is also preparing orders for our customers. He is standing beside Étienne

        Is she not going to come today?

        I take out a glass and begin to prepare a Caffè mocha. Louise takes the already prepared order and serves it to the customer.

        Why do I want to see her so badly, though?

        The bells ding. I look up. It is a lady, but it's not her. I go back to working on the orders.

        What is wrong with me? Why am I thinking about her so much?

        I finish up the order and place it on the counter.

        I shouldn't be disappointed. She doesn't always have to come here.

        A sigh manages to slip out of my lips. Étienne looks at me before he checks his watch. "It's your break time in a bit," he tells me, and I just nod. I am not excited for break time. Not when I can't spend it with her.

        Louise places another small note on the counter, and I take it. I turn around to start preparing the order. I stop in my tracks, however, as I hear the door's bells ring.

        With slight hope of seeing her, I turn around.

        Serene. There she stands, looking as beautiful as ever. I feel relaxed again.

        Her short, light brown hair bobs beside her shoulders as she makes her way to a table. She takes off her big, brown coat, and her striped shirt is almost as pretty as she is, navy blue and white. It matches well with the beige, high-waist skirt she is wearing.

        She sits at a table beside the large windows. Louise goes over to her, and she smiles at him.

        "Hyunjin, get on with your work," Étienne calls out to me, distracting me from admiring the beauty that had just entered the shop.

        I nod before going back to making the cappuccino that someone had ordered.

        When I finish preparing it, I place it on the counter, and Louise comes to take it, leaving a small sheet again. My gaze hovers over the words scribbled onto the thin paper.

        "Un chocolat chaud."

        I look up, and I know it's her order. The three times she has come to the shop in the past week, she has always ordered a hot chocolate.

        She begins looking around at the faces of the people sitting around. Is she looking for me? Does she even remember me?

        I shake my head. I am about to look away when her gaze meets mine.

        Oh my. She is gorgeous. She is absolutely gorgeous.

        She smiles, and it makes me feel some sort of way I can't really understand.

        What are you doing to me, Serene? What spell are you casting on me that's making me feel this way?

・───・───・

[A/N]

It's called falling in love, Hyunnie~ jshsjjs he's so whipped. 

Anyways- I wanna give a huge thank you to jisvnglvr who helped with the French phrases and some other stuff about France coz I don't know how life is like there- I'm not French, you see. Anyways, I love you mwah <3

Hope the chapter was nice!

・───・───・

・────── ・❁ ・──────・

・────── ・❁ ・──────・