Chap |012

・────── ・❁ ・──────・

・────── ・❁ ・──────・

        You are happy. 

        With him, you are happy. And to me, that is more than enough. Although I can get jealous of him sometimes, I am happy you found someone that brings you genuine happiness. Someone that brings you love. The love that you deserve.

        You rarely come by the coffee shop these days. Or maybe you do, but it feels a lot less. I do not know. 

        You smile a lot more these days. You tell me about how even your mother is happy because of him. You tell me your family loves him, and how they're probably planning an entire future for the both of you. He is the perfect man after all, is he not?

        He is. 

        And I am not. Unfortunately. 

        I do not know whether to blame the timing or maybe it is just bad luck. Maybe it is neither of those, maybe it is just me. Maybe me and you were not meant to be. Maybe Serene and Hyunjin was just not meant to be. Maybe even though I had confessed, you would have rejected me because you simply do not like me. You do not like me.

        But I like you. 

        I love you. 

        I am completely in love with you. 

        And it hurts me, knowing I will never tell you that. I cannot tell you that. It will ruin everything. It will ruin me because I will get rejected. It will ruin our friendship. That friendship I hold so dear to my heart. It might even ruin you because I know you. I know you will feel bad for rejecting me. And it is not even your fault. 

        I thought it would get easier, trying to act as if I did not like you. But as the months passed, it just got harder. Somehow, for some reason, I just couldn't not like you. I couldn't not love you. 

        And now, it is April. Four months later. And I am no better than I was. I try, though. I try to feel better. 

        And I am alright. I still laugh at times. I still genuinely smile. I am alright. 

        I haven't seen you in a while. But I hope you are doing well, Serene. I hope he is treating you well because you deserve nothing but the best. 

        And I know you will not see this, so I can say all I want here. 

        I love you. 

        I love you so much. 

        Sincerely yours, 

        Monsieur Hwang H.J.

・───・───・

・────── ・❁ ・──────・

・────── ・❁ ・──────・