Chap | 020

・────── ・❁ ・──────・

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.

・────── ・❁ ・──────・

       I walked her home that afternoon.

       Together, we walked through the Parisian streets, and I tried to distract her by starting random conversations. Conversations without much meaning, but still precious as they were made with her.

        We stopped at a nearby coffee shop and I bought us each a croissant; she wanted to see if my father's ones were better or not. So, each of us ate our pastry, and we both gave our opinions on it. Of course, my father's croissants won, but the ones we had that evening weren't even close to bad, just maybe not Serene's favourite.

        We watched as the sun went away, and we admired how pretty the clouds looked. I greeted the shop owners I knew around the streets, and she did so too, although she had no idea who they were. The walk went on for more than an hour, but to us, it felt like it had only been five minutes.

        Time flies when she is with me. I forget everything else when she is with me. I am the happiest when she is with me. I hope she feels the same way.

        When we finally reached her door, she invited me inside, but of course, I had to get back to the café; it was getting late and I can't put all the work on the other boys for the entire day. I told her I'd visit some other time, and she said it was alright. And as I was about to turn and walk away, she pulled me into her embrace once more, thanking me.

        I didn't understand what she was thanking me for, but as she said it, she was just grateful that I was there for her. I smiled and I hugged her back.

        Of course, why would I not be there for you, Serene? You are my friend, and friends are always there for each other, aren't they?

・───・───・

・────── ・❁ ・──────・

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.

・────── ・❁ ・──────・