IIII. Unwanted Guest

Suddenly the sound of flapping wings disturbs us along with a swishing noise through the air.

Hades slaps his hand on his forehead.

"Please don't be-
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Please don't be the winged hippie," Hades mutters under his breath.

A blue settles and unveils itself to be the same petite blue God I saw speaking with Hades earlier. Hades grumbles once more, a habit of his, and prompts me to stand beside him for support.

"Hades, baby, you have no idea how difficult it is to navigate this drab." My eyes flicker off the winged God to Hades as his fists clench while Hermes continues speaking.

"Finally, I asked those two main minions of yours and they said you were in a greenhouse." Hermes swivels his head around before flying over to a nearby flower and picking it off the stem. My eyes flick to Hades again watching as his body tenses. Hermes comes back with the flower and speedily places it in my hands. "And I'll be honest, man, I never thought of you to be a flower guy," Hermes glances over at me "or having such lovely company."

"Hermes," Hades asserts, his complexion turning a bit red. "Is there a reason you came to bother me again in my territory? I've already sent Sparky the soul, so what is it this time?"

I raise my eyebrow at the blue flaming God on the verge of breaking his cool.

Hermes seems to pick up on Hades' annoyance as well.

"Ok, ok relax. We don't need you burning your posies in front of your lady."

Hades continues to tense. His golden eyes flickering at me with an unreadable expression. I shift uncomfortably under the focus of the two Gods. I'm a powerful Underworld siren but I still feel small in the presence of two powerful Gods. Especially with one who has a history of losing his temper. My eyes drift back to Hermes, I want to find out why the winged God is down here so he can hopefully leave.

"Oh mighty Hermes, may I ask why you have come to this abode?" I get a weird taste in my mouth, I'm not used to being this formal.

Hades interjects, "Yeah, is there more with the soul?"

Hermes shakes his head for no. "Nadda, the soul thing is done. Thanks, but I've got good news."

"Good news from the high and mighty. Yay." Hades says sarcastically.

Hermes and I roll our eyes.

"Anyways," Hermes starts, "Hades, you have been invited and mandated to attend a bacchanal party at mount Olympus tomorrow night. And you can bring a date."

Hades grumbles. "Fine fine fine. Since I'm mandated to come by big Mr. Big Bolt I'll come."

"Fantabulous. Party starts at 6:30 sharp, see ya babe, and hopefully your lady friend." Hermes winks at me. I smile at the winged God with a forced smile, a few of my sharp teeth on display behind my luscious lips. Hermes is not exactly my type so I don't blush.

But as for Hades, he grumbles, seeming almost annoyed that I'm smiling at Hermes. His hair is tinted purple and a tad red.

"We get the memo now, get back to your cloud. I'm sure Zeus has another errand for you." The lord of the Underworld sharply states.

I glance at Hades, 'Wow, that was rude.' Hades glances back at me again with eyes that hold too many emotions to decipher.

Hermes clears his throat and in a surrendering fashion, puts his hands in the air. "Alright, I'm going. Bye." Hermes begins to fly away around one of the greenhouse corners.