XIV: Triple Threats

Happy Thanksgiving of 2022!!! I am so thankful for all my reader and their support!!  I'm posting chapter 14 a day early to celebrate the holiday! Today I have changed the title of my book from "Hades x Mermaid Reader" to "Revolution of Sonder".

Definition of Sonder

Sonder

I'm debating whether to use the word Revelation or Revolution

I'm debating whether to use the word Revelation or Revolution. Comment what you think of the change! Also, what are you thankful for this year!?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Previously on "Revelation of Sonder"

Only the fates know if I am about to become a devil dog's snack and I pray they are on my side right now.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"H-Hello," I utter as I take a step toward the spotted canine. My eyes dart from gazing up at Cerberus to the ground, where deep cracks in the rocky ground would swallow my new boots.

With five narrowed eyes, the ashy demon dalmatian tilts his three heads. His snake tail wriggles and hisses as if ready to strike as I approach.

With me being barely the size of Cerberus' paw, I feel microscopic under the towering demon dalmatian's gaze.

Nausea and fearful thoughts churn leftover olive bread from lunch in my stomach, threatening to spill the churned bread past my lips. For a moment, I look away from the demon dog, taking a deep breath.

'I have to do this; face Cerberus and get to the mortal realm; for the promise of a better world.'

I swallow the vile taste of my liquefied lunch and gaze back up at Cerberus. His six-pointed dog ears swivel in my direction as I speak.

"I heard you are the guardian to keep underworld residents in, but I want to trade you something in exchange for safe passage to and from the underworld."

As if appalled, the triple-headed canine growls and snaps his jaws at me.

The nerves in my legs twitch, and my heart races. I think about what Myrine told me about the hellhound and try to keep my composure.

"You are Hades' companion, and I've heard you like deals almost as much as him."

My nerves scream for me to run, but my determination holds me in place. I reach inside the leather satchel across my body and take a breath.

"A friend told me you like a certain dessert," I say. My hands shake, digging through the bag. As I shift through several items, Cerberus's middle head sniffs the air.

'He knows.' I think, 'Myrine's plan is working.'

My chin raises a little higher as courage travels through my veins. I plant my feet steadily in front of the massive canine as I take a small bundle of cloth out of the satchel. As I unwrap the bundle, drool leaks from Cerberus' three mouths.