VIII. The Nice Ex?

So I unpublished this chapter after rereading it and finding grammar issues, then I fixed the problems and forgot to publish this chapter. Haha, I was distracted writing chapter 9. Anyways, here you go, chapter 8.

———————————-———————————-

This pink goddess in front of me is Hades' ex.

And I'm resisting the urge to punch that smile off her beautiful face.
——————————————

Persphone flutters her long eyelashes at Hades, when inquiring to him in her honey-laced voice.

"Are you still having problems getting into Mount Olympus?"

Hades grumbles, tearing his eyes from the pink goddess. His golden eyes shimmer with sadness, like a new child's casket.

"Yea," he blatantly sighs. "You would think with my position and status, I would get a little respect around here, at least enough where the gates that should welcome every god are open for me." Hades hisses, his jaw clenches.

The goddess sighs while flashing a pearly white smile from behind the golden gates,

"Oh, I'm so sorry, Hades. I thought I told Zeus to stop using that block with you, but I must have forgotten." She enlarges her smile wider where the skin under her eyes crinkles. "The block on you must still be in place because you're nearly never up here on Mount Olympus and you're so much below us."

I clench my jaw at the Goddess's words. Is she really trying to put Hades down? Why?

The thin goddess quickly recomposes herself.

"I'm sorry that came out wrong. I meant, below us in the sense that you're working so hard in the dreariness of the Underworld. " She finishes clasping her hands together.

"Oh, maybe I was wrong?'

With slightly sad eyes, Hades grits his teeth and walks closer to the gate near Persephone, "Agreed, working non-stop for thousands of years and managing hundreds of thousands of dead people every day keeps me busy."

The thin pink goddess leans against the gate, "I remember the busy part alright."

Hades gives a low growl as he grips on to the golden gate's bars.

"Listen, can you let me in?" The blue god pinches the bridge of his nose and sadly mumbles, "Talking to you is already hard enough as it is." His shoulders slightly slump.

I bite my tongue and internally struggle not to say something to the powerful pink women.

Catching sight of Hades' mental conflict in front of the Goddess is unnerving. Hearing his voice not be confident, especially when in the presence of someone who broke his heart, is like listening to an ominous song that hurts your teeth. I hate it.

Persephone leans closer to the god and strokes her thin fingers along the top of his hand. Her eyes twinkle with an emotion I can't place, but her smile and sweet sing-song voice seem forgiving.

"Come on, honey, I'll let you in. I'm not that cruel."

A bad taste forms in my mouth, 'Honey? Really?' I think. 'And does she need to be touching him?'

Hades lifts his head and quickly adjusts himself back to his confident self. He pulls his hands away from the blonde goddess and rubs the back of his neck. "I knew you would come around eventually."

The pink deity smiles—a warm, glowing smile.

"Of course, Hades. Here, let me just-"

Perspone effortlessly flicks her wrist, and golden sparkles emit from the golden gates. An invisible angel choir sings as the gates open, revealing an almost blinding light. After blinking a few times, I see the cloud-homes of the Gods and hear the merriment and clinking of glasses inside.