VI. A Gift?

My ears perk to the sound of Hades muttering as he impatiently taps his foot.

"What is it with women and always being late?"

With a large inhale, I breathe in as much air and confidence I'll need for the night. Shaking off any nerves I slowly make my way towards the door. Hades knocks on the door again as I turn the cool doorknob.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Exposing myself to the world, I swing the door fully open, showing my new look to Hades.

"Come on (Y/N), we have to gooohh-" I watch the God's jaw drop. A goofy expression similar to the look he gave me in the greenhouse appears on his face. His golden eyes look me up and down, and a scarlet blush travels across his bluish-gray cheeks.

While he takes my appearance in, my heart races like never before. My (e/c) eyes widen and drink in the sight of him. Seeing Hades cleaned up and in his divine appearance makes my insides turn to mush.

 Seeing Hades cleaned up and in his divine appearance makes my insides turn to mush

His typical black robes have given way to a more royal toga

His typical black robes have given way to a more royal toga. The toga's foundation is black, but there are blue colors mixed throughout as well. His outfit is garnished with silver greek symbols and skulls, which suit him perfectly. A silver shoulder plate represents power and is worn on his left shoulder. A long regal blue cloak attaches to his toga and sways elegantly with his movements. His blue flames of hair have grown brighter and thicker, emphasizing his regal features once again.

My new legs are jelly as conflicting thoughts battle my mind. Part of me wants to swoon at his face and worship him like the God he is. Another thought is to jump on him and relish in some of my less than wholesome thinking. But my most prevalent thought by far is wanting to punch his chiseled jaw hard for confounding me with these emotions. I shake my head and take my gaze away from his form, even though his gaze appears to be locked on mine.

Even after my time with the Fates, how can I admit to myself that something is happening between Hades and me? How do I know if the feelings are mutual? Question after question and thought after thought keeps racing through my mind. Perhaps these feelings have just come with my new legs?