XIII. Demigod vs God

Hercules chuckles, "Welcome to the uprising, (Y/N);
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
and don't tell Hades."

----------------------------------------------

(Y/N)'s POV

"I know that Mount Olympus can be a disaster, but this-this is just disgraceful," I say to Hercules, viewing the once majestic party room now trashed. The once-put-together gods are now passed out or fornicating across broken and stained furniture.

My nose wrinkles at the putrid smells of spoiled shrimp, wine, and sex. Sumptuous food and drinks decorate the floor like a canvas made of broken floor tiles, plates, and martini glasses. In the corner of the room, a few flames eat away at a fancy lounge sofa.

Hercules and I walk into the main party room, with me trying to maneuver my bare feet away from stepping on broken glass. I had to ditch the shoes, but now I'm kind of regretting my decision with the litter of sharp objects on the floor.

My jaw clenches, viewing the scattered food across the floor. I think about all the souls that had come into the underworld and died of starvation, some children looking like skeletons, and yet here the gods are wasting hundreds of peasant meals that could feed an entire village.

With a loud squish, Hercules steps on scattered grapes and grunts. His brown eyes survey the damage.

"This is actually Olympus in good condition after a bacchanal." He quips. "After their hangovers, the gods won't bat an eye; they can also get more offers."

'Selfish pigs' I think. Big, lavish parties with respectable guests and gods leaving a wasteful mess worse than King Augeas' stables. But then again, a shady system, the current gods, is better than a corrupt system, Persephone.

I hope Hades isn't such a, well, Dionysus, when it comes to parties. He seems like a god who would have some self-control. Besides, Hades still has to transport me back to the underworld, so let's hope he's not so drunk that he can't get us home.

Hercules pipes in,

"I'll help you find Hades, but then I have to get back to Megara and let you know who, to know about you joining you know what." Hercules winks as I roll my eyes.

Suddenly, up toward the ceiling, a male god with blue skin flies in a zigzag pattern with a large gust of wind smelling of alcohol coming with him. The god whizzes around a gigantic golden chandelier that is right above my head. The god flies away, but the chandelier comes crashing down. I jump away, but in midair, a large body engulfs my frame.

No crash follows.

I wait for the crash, but there is none. No explosion of gold or crystals. Apart from three sets of heavy breathing, there is nothing but silence.

A familiar, comforting embrace holds me close. The smell of fire and wine catches me off guard. I open my eyes to find myself wrapped in a set of strong arms and a black toga adorned with blue skull details.

"Hades?" I muster out with wide eyes, gazing up at the panting god. With me buried in his chest, I am at a loss for words. Hades just saved me. I almost died, and when an Underworld siren dies unexpectedly, no one knows what happens to them next.

The god's flaming hair flickers wildly as he breathes heavily, his golden orbs staring down at me with worry. He wraps his arms tightly around me, squeezing my body, but I welcome the closeness and try to hug him back, although my arms are trapped between his chest.

"Thank you," I whisper in Hades' ear.

We just stand there in the wreck of a celebration room, celebrating that no one is hurt. Wait, my eyes widen.