Chapter 57 : Mischievous Villain's Move

Duchess Medea sits over at her couch, slumping her body and leans back against the armchair. Her temple aches a bit as she presses down on it unconsciously. The ruby eyes keep her gaze on her; however, it is different tonight since they never talk. After Aurora bumps into them, they never address the issue, not that Aurora would ask it anyway.

"Why do you meet with Ares that time?" the amethyst eyes still read on the book, but she heard every piece of the words.

"He asked me to join him as he wants to kill the Emperor and Empress soon," the Duchess said merely as if everything was normal and under control.

"What is your answer?" Medea closes her book, turning her head at Aurora, who crosses her legs on the opposite couch.

"I didn't give him any answer, as he left afterwards," Aurora nods at her answer, but the image of the kissing alluded to her mind, which annoyed her to the core. Somehow, she wants to stop the time and burn Ares right there, but this is Medea's revenge. She could have killed him right away if she wanted to.

There was an abrupt halt to the small conversation, and the room fell silent. The wind rustled through the open window and slightly cooled the space. The stars will be out tonight, so Aurora is wearing an oversized cardigan. Medea, however, is wearing only a flimsy nightgown that exposes her porcelain complexion. The blonde then goes to Medea's bed, removes the blanket, and returns to the couch.

Aurora is walking up to Medea, but Medea isn't paying any attention to her. On the contrary, she chooses to read for pleasure. Aurora, too, doesn't mind, but wrapping the blankets around Medea puts her in a trance.

"What are you doing?" she looks down at the blanket.

Aurora looks at her with, "Really?" face.

"It's cold tonight. You will catch a cold," Aurora replies shortly, as the red tint on her cheeks goes unnoticed.

However, before Medea could even say anything, Aurora cuts her off as she remembers the story between the Empress and Hera. The Duchess then sits up, closing her book, as her legs on the floor point in Natalie's direction.

"Why would Empress Ophelia makes a move now?" Aurora wonders.

"Empress Ophelia. She doesn't show affection much to Ares in public. Like everyone, she rarely talks to them but is much cherished by the Emperor," Medea said, but she was also full of thoughts about that.

"Unless everything is in a stage. Why would an Empress of the Empire suddenly visit a dessert shop? And why is it so coincidence? Why does she take an interest in the Crown Princess?" Aurora furrows her brows, thinking about every possibility.

"Why would you think it is a stage?" the amethyst eyes fill with curiosity.

"Ares is capable enough of that. He is intelligent and calculative. He almost had us on the halfway if you and Hera didn't switch bodies. Furthermore, the knights you killed that night were the kids he recruited since he was a mere child. Overall, he was capable of orchestrating something like this," Aurora shrugs after explain of all that.

"Hmm, she is right. That makes sense," Medea thought.

"However, we still don't know if the Empress is aware of this. Let's assume she knows, and we will keep an eye on her. I'll notify Hector on that," Duchess Valimos said after a few thoughts.

Day by day passed, and the news of the Empress had taken an interest in Lady Hera Nicoli subside among the nobles. The Empress hasn't exchanged letters with her anymore and went off the grid. Many rumours spread that the Crown Princess has enraged Empress Ophelia, but it is all just rumours. Baseless ground rumours.